|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It had been years since Bush had seen ________, but he paid no attention to them.
2. Why does the Captain order Wellard below decks for a second time?
(a) He disobeys orders.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) He has been misbehaving
3. At the start of Chapter 9, it is nighttime, and the weather on the beach is _______________.
(a) Cool and breezy.
(b) Humid and calm.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Dry and windy.
4. Which shipman takes an axe to the fort's wooden door?
5. Finish the quote: "A ship of war manned for active service was _______."
(a) No place for the weak-hearted.
(b) The most crowded place in the world.
(c) Not a desirable place to be.
(d) The loneliest place in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Whiting have?
2. Bush describes Hornblower's gait as being _______ from his overflowing energy.
3. Who asks Hornblower, "How did the captain come to fall down the hatchway?" at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Complete Hornblower's quote: "With the fort in our hands, we can deal with the __________ up the bay."
5. After three days at sea, Bush knows he feels what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)