|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buckland is ______ than most on the ship.
(a) More decisive.
(c) More clear-headed.
(d) More tired.
2. What does the phrase, "rope yarn Sunday" mean when the Captain declares it after his reading?
(a) The men would tie ropes all Sunday.
(b) The men would drink rum all afternoon.
(c) The men would spend the rest of the day in idleness.
(d) The men would be punished for being idle.
3. How many shipmen are killed and wounded during the H.M.S. Renown's defeat at Samaná Bay?
(a) 9 killed; 2 wounded.
(b) 2 killed; 19 wounded.
(c) 9 killed; 20 wounded.
(d) 20 killed; 9 wounded.
4. In his opinion, it is not proper for Bush to feel what for Hornblower, a junior officer?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Any admiration or even respect.
5. How many minutes does the Captain give Mr. Lomax to deliver spirits to all the men?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 5 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of one of the lieutenants' deaths, Bush becomes elevated to the rank of ______________.
2. What rank is Hornblower on the ship?
3. How many years experience does Buckland have as an officer in the Royal Navy?
4. Who says, "You wear your guilt on your face, Mr. Bush. I'll remember this"?
5. _______ had been Captain Sawyer's toady and informer.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)