|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this quote from the text: "And sea and surf and beach seemed to be _______."
2. The Captain orders _______ and _______ to report properly dressed when every watch is called.
(a) Bush and Wellard.
(b) Bush and Buckland.
(c) Bush and Hornblower.
(d) Bush and Roberts.
3. What is the known destination of the ship?
(b) The Netherlands.
(d) The West Indies.
4. What rank is Hornblower on the ship?
5. ________ takes over the charge of the boats after one of the lieutenants dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is the novel written?
2. Carberry is the master of the ship, which means he is the officer charged with the _____________.
3. How is the ship's original course altered once the new orders are given?
4. What are all midshipmen trained NOT to do?
5. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)