|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence for being caught speaking mutinously in secret?
(a) Walking the plank.
(c) Death by hanging.
(d) Being thrown overboard.
2. What role does Whiting have?
(d) Captain of the Marines.
3. What is found in the Captain's locked desk?
(b) Bottles of rum.
4. When asked how the Captain fell down the hatchway, Hornblower replies _______________.
(a) "Someone must have pushed him."
(b) I do not know, sir."
(c) "I think he must have overbalanced."
(d) "I think he tripped on the ladder."
5. How many years experience does Buckland have as an officer in the Royal Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wellard is a ____________.
2. Finish the quote: "A ship of war manned for active service was _______."
3. How does Bush feel when the Captain accuses him of something untrue?
4. What is the name of the ship that Lt. William Bush boards at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Who takes part in a secret meeting at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)