|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The surgeon's assistants are _____________.
(a) Coleman and Booth.
(b) Coleman and Pierce.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) Hobbs and Pierce.
2. Which shipman dies during the fort's attack on the ship?
3. With what is the Captain restrained?
(a) A canvas strait-jacket leaving only his left arm out.
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(c) A canvas strait-jacket leaving only his right arm out.
(d) A canvas strait-jacket leaving his legs free.
4. Which country's colors are flying at Samaná Bay's fort?
5. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of one of the lieutenants' deaths, Bush becomes elevated to the rank of ______________.
2. How many years of experience does Bush have?
3. How many shipmen are on board the Renown?
4. Carberry is the master of the ship, which means he is the officer charged with the _____________.
5. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)