|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wellard is punished by being beaten with ______________.
(a) Captain Sawyer's silver-mounted cane.
(b) Captain Sawyer's leather strap.
(c) Mr. Booth's silver-mounted cane.
(d) Mr. Booth's whip.
2. The morning after the Captain's fall, the surgeon says that the Captain is _______________.
(b) Not fit for duty.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
3. When does the Corporal of the Guard relieve the sentry outside the Captain's door?
(a) Four bells.
(b) Two bells.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) Six bells.
4. ________ was officer of the watch during the Captain's fall.
5. Which ship is Bush serving on prior to his current employment?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Captain fell, he landed on his ___________.
2. With whom does Bush spend three weeks between employments?
3. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
4. With what is the Captain restrained?
5. Who gives the orders for the ship to be dispatched?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)