|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the orders for the ship to be dispatched?
(a) Captain Sawyer.
(b) The Cabinet.
(c) Lords of the Admiralty.
(d) King George II.
2. What does the phrase, "rope yarn Sunday" mean when the Captain declares it after his reading?
(a) The men would tie ropes all Sunday.
(b) The men would drink rum all afternoon.
(c) The men would spend the rest of the day in idleness.
(d) The men would be punished for being idle.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 3, the Renown is plunging across the ________________.
4. How many years of experience does Bush have?
(c) Less than 5.
5. Why does the Captain order Wellard below decks for a second time?
(a) He has been misbehaving
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(d) He disobeys orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that Lt. William Bush boards at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What rank is Hornblower on the ship?
3. Buckland, as acting Captain, seems to be quite ______________.
4. After three days at sea, Bush knows he feels what?
5. How is the Captain's physical appearance described?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)