|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Captain fell, he landed on his ___________.
(b) It is not known immediately.
2. What is the name of the ship that Lt. William Bush boards at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. When asked how the Captain fell down the hatchway, Hornblower replies _______________.
(a) "Someone must have pushed him."
(b) "I think he tripped on the ladder."
(c) I do not know, sir."
(d) "I think he must have overbalanced."
4. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
5. After three days at sea, Bush knows he feels what?
(a) Dissatisfied and worried.
(d) Out of place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of experience does Bush have?
2. Who says of Wellard, "He knows nothing, sir. He doesn't know the bobstay from the spanker-boom."?
3. What is the consequence for being caught speaking mutinously in secret?
4. Smith is ranked __________.
5. After taking an altitude reading, Hornblower says that he's never been ________________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)