|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) Four hours on duty and four hours off day and night.
(c) Two hours on duty and two hours off day and night.
(d) Six hours on duty and two hours off day and night.
2. With whom does Bush spend three weeks between employments?
(a) His mother and sisters.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother and father.
(d) His brother.
3. Who is the first to say that the Captain has been hurt?
4. What is the name of the ship that Lt. William Bush boards at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Who says of Wellard, "He knows nothing, sir. He doesn't know the bobstay from the spanker-boom."?
(c) Mr. Booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the orders for the ship to be dispatched?
2. Wellard is a ____________.
3. After taking an altitude reading, Hornblower says that he's never been ________________.
4. The surgeon's assistants are _____________.
5. The ship's surgeon has to administer a heavy dose of _______ to set the Captain's fractured nose.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)