|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shipmen are on board the Renown?
2. Wellard is punished by being beaten with ______________.
(a) Mr. Booth's silver-mounted cane.
(b) Captain Sawyer's leather strap.
(c) Mr. Booth's whip.
(d) Captain Sawyer's silver-mounted cane.
3. The 22nd Article concerns _______________.
(a) Consequences of mutiny.
(b) Consequences of spying.
(c) Treatment of prisoners.
(d) Consequences of quarreling with a superior officer.
4. Why does the Captain order Wellard below decks for a second time?
(b) He disobeys orders.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) He has been misbehaving
5. The word _______ strikes Bush's ear with special emphasis as the Captain reads.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain orders _______ and _______ to report properly dressed when every watch is called.
2. After three days at sea, Bush knows he feels what?
3. How many minutes does the Captain give Mr. Lomax to deliver spirits to all the men?
4. Who says, "You wear your guilt on your face, Mr. Bush. I'll remember this"?
5. Captain Sawyer's attitude when he looks around the quarterdeck for the first time revolves around ______________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)