|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower say while watching an enemy ship being consumed by fire?
(b) "Nasty sight."
(c) "Ahoy, there!"
(d) "Good riddance."
2. The women prisoners on board the ship are kept on the _______________.
3. Both Bush and Hornblower have _______ for breakfast after they have successfully taken the fort.
4. Most of the Captain's injuries are to his _______________.
5. How does Colonel Ortega try to scare the British from staying at the Spanish fort?
(a) He says they will be cursed if they stay.
(b) He brings up yellow fever.
(c) He says the blacks will attack the fort.
(d) He threatens with a Spanish invasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a report given at the Court of Inquiry, it is said that Bush and his men stormed the fort with no more than _____ casualties.
2. ________ takes over the charge of the boats after one of the lieutenants dies.
3. How many prize ships follow the Renown out of Samana Bay?
4. Finish this quote from the text: "And sea and surf and beach seemed to be _______."
5. The night after the British take the fort, how many hours of sleep does Bush get to sleep before taking the morning watch?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)