|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both Bush and Hornblower have _______ for breakfast after they have successfully taken the fort.
2. During the Court of Inquiry, Buckland is what?
(a) Unhappy and tired.
(b) Pale and tired.
(c) Emotionless and tired.
(d) Pale and unhappy.
3. Why does the Captain order Wellard below decks for a second time?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) He disobeys orders.
(d) He has been misbehaving
4. What does Hornblower say while watching an enemy ship being consumed by fire?
(a) "Nasty sight."
(c) "Good riddance."
(d) "Ahoy, there!"
5. Upon their arrival at Kingston, Buckland has an interview with _______.
(a) Admiral Lambert.
(b) King George II.
(c) Admiral Parry.
(d) Captain Cogshill.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bush and Hornblower dine with the new Captain of the Renown, they enjoy __________________.
2. After their retreat, what is Hornblower's proposed plan?
3. Bush reflects that he moves slower than Hornblower during the landing party's attack on the fort because Bush has a ________________.
4. Finish the quote: "The Court of Inquiry was not nearly as awe-inspiring as a ________."
5. What does the phrase, "rope yarn Sunday" mean when the Captain declares it after his reading?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)