|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bush spend three weeks between employments?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother and sisters.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother and father.
2. How many marines from the fort does Hornblower send to assist Bush?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
3. During the Court of Inquiry, Buckland is what?
(a) Emotionless and tired.
(b) Pale and unhappy.
(c) Pale and tired.
(d) Unhappy and tired.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, the Renown is plunging across the ________________.
5. Bush describes Hornblower's gait as being _______ from his overflowing energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bush and Hornblower have to share?
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what is still "a living force in the ship"?
3. How much of his pay has Bush been giving his sisters since he first joined the Royal Navy?
4. Mr. Lomax is ______________.
5. Who says of Wellard, "He knows nothing, sir. He doesn't know the bobstay from the spanker-boom."?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)