|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years experience does Buckland have as an officer in the Royal Navy?
2. Bush describes Hornblower's gait as being _______ from his overflowing energy.
3. What does Hornblower suggest that the landing party take with them to scale walls of the fort, if need be?
(a) Boat grapnels with lines attached.
(b) Crossbows with lines attached.
4. At the end of Chapter 10, how many of the privateers' schooners are destroyed?
5. Horatio proposes that the landing party be made of ______________.
(a) 208 men.
(b) 80 men.
(c) 108 men.
(d) 180 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When asked how the Captain fell down the hatchway, Hornblower replies _______________.
2. When the Captain fell, he landed on his ___________.
3. What are all midshipmen trained NOT to do?
4. It becomes known to the reader that Whiting ________ during the prisoners' rebellion.
5. While Bush fights off revolting Spanish prisoners, he is wounded _____ times and requires _____ stitches to secure the wounds.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)