|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of experience does Bush have?
(c) Less than 5.
2. Since when have the British been at war?
(c) None of the answers are correct.
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what is still "a living force in the ship"?
(a) Fear of starvation.
(b) Fear of the Captain.
(c) Fear of mutiny.
(d) Fear of Yellow Fever.
4. The ship's surgeon has to administer a heavy dose of _______ to set the Captain's fractured nose.
(a) An opiate.
5. With whom does Bush spend three weeks between employments?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother and sisters.
(d) His mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Corporal of the Guard relieve the sentry outside the Captain's door?
2. What does the phrase, "rope yarn Sunday" mean when the Captain declares it after his reading?
3. How is the Captain's physical appearance described?
4. Who makes a written statement about the Captain's fall?
5. What role does Whiting have?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)