|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wellard is a ____________.
(a) Stow away.
(b) Junior Lieutenant.
2. Why does the Captain climb down the hatchway?
(a) To follow Wellard.
(b) To catch the mutineers.
(c) To get some exercise.
(d) To secure some more rum.
3. Who is the officer on watch during the Captain's reading?
4. The surgeon's assistants are _____________.
(a) Coleman and Booth.
(b) Hobbs and Pierce.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) Coleman and Pierce.
5. When asked how the Captain fell down the hatchway, Hornblower replies _______________.
(a) "Someone must have pushed him."
(b) "I think he must have overbalanced."
(c) I do not know, sir."
(d) "I think he tripped on the ladder."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Captain's physical appearance described?
2. Who can be excused from church services according to the tolerant Admiralty?
3. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
4. What does the Captain read to the ship's company on the fourth Sunday of every month?
5. Since when have the British been at war?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)