|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all midshipmen trained NOT to do?
(a) Drink too much rum.
(d) Put their hands in their pockets.
2. Finish the quote: "A ship of war manned for active service was _______."
(a) No place for the weak-hearted.
(b) The loneliest place in the world.
(c) The most crowded place in the world.
(d) Not a desirable place to be.
3. Which ship is Bush serving on prior to his current employment?
4. How many years experience does Buckland have as an officer in the Royal Navy?
5. What is the name of the island that is the new destination of the ship?
(a) Santo Domingo.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hornblower becomes excited when getting glimpses of what alongside the ship?
2. The morning after his fall, why is the Captain restrained?
3. To what does the 19th Article pertain?
4. What is "watch and watch" that the Captain orders Hornblower to be on until further notice?
5. How is the ship's original course altered once the new orders are given?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)