|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hornblower suffers from ________________.
(a) Paranoid schizophrenia .
(b) A stomach ulcer.
(d) Migraine headaches.
2. In regards to Hornblower's illness, Bush says _______________.
(a) "Tough luck."
(b) "Hard luck."
(d) "Bad luck."
3. Which marine sprains his ankle during the climb?
4. Buckland's _______ is apparent to the ship's crew.
5. When asked how the Captain fell down the hatchway, Hornblower replies _______________.
(a) "I think he tripped on the ladder."
(b) "I think he must have overbalanced."
(c) "Someone must have pushed him."
(d) I do not know, sir."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which shipman dies during the fort's attack on the ship?
2. What does the phrase, "rope yarn Sunday" mean when the Captain declares it after his reading?
3. Who makes a written statement about the Captain's fall?
4. Which seaman is reported to Bush as being drunk?
5. The word _______ strikes Bush's ear with special emphasis as the Captain reads.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)