|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hornblower states that he wishes they were going into action rather than running away, Bush calls him a ________________.
(c) Crazy man.
(d) Brave man.
2. The Captain orders _______ and _______ to report properly dressed when every watch is called.
(a) Bush and Hornblower.
(b) Bush and Buckland.
(c) Bush and Wellard.
(d) Bush and Roberts.
3. Who speaks in a squeaky voice?
4. At the start of Chapter 9, it is nighttime, and the weather on the beach is _______________.
(a) Cool and breezy.
(b) Dry and windy.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Humid and calm.
5. Who is the officer on watch during the Captain's reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after the Captain's fall, the surgeon says that the Captain is _______________.
2. Because of one of the lieutenants' deaths, Bush becomes elevated to the rank of ______________.
3. Who can be excused from church services according to the tolerant Admiralty?
4. The word _______ strikes Bush's ear with special emphasis as the Captain reads.
5. After taking an altitude reading, Hornblower says that he's never been ________________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)