|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other event besides Miami does Kennedy cancel in this section?
2. Where does the Soviet government move Lee after his suicide attempt?
3. Why does Oswald go to the Russian Ministry at the beginning of his time in Moscow?
4. What does lee call the article he writes at the end of the chapter?
5. What does Win Everett do before speaking with his wife in 15 July?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lee Oswald try to expedite his meeting with Soviet agents after his suicide attempt?
2. What does Oswald do in Dallas prior to killing Kennedy?
3. What calls Oswald's testimony into question in Minsk?
4. Describe Lee's life in Minsk after returning from the U-2 Interrogation.
5. Why do Lee and Marina decide to return to America?
6. How does Lee and Marina's relationship begin?
7. Describe the conversation between Ruby and Tony Astorina on September 25th.
8. What money problems is Jack Ruby facing on August 12th?
9. On August 12th, what concerns does Win Everett express to Parmenter?
10. What strange items has the CIA curator provided Branch with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the character of Marguerite. How does Don DeLillo use her to frame the story, and to what extent does she reemerge as a sort of Greek chorus, commenting on Lee's fate? Why do her passages often involve the first person? Analyze her personality and neuroses: how do they reveal an ability to see the world as it is?
Essay Topic 2
The political world of the book world is one of interlocking yet competitive covert interests. Write an essay about how these interests affect the life of Lee Oswald. What are each of these interests' objectives, and what role is Oswald supposed to play in these objectives? Which of these covert groups gives up on Oswald and which places nearly all of its hopes on him?
Essay Topic 3
Libra's central topic is the Kennedy assassination, but he also incorporates connections to other military-political events of the time. Write an essay about three of these events. What is their Cold War significance? How, in Libra, do they connect to the story of Lee Oswald? Are these connections historically accurate or largely invented by the author?
Part 1) The U-2 Incident
Part 2) The Bay of Pigs
Part 3) The General Walker shooting
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)