|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Kennedy does Carmine Latta particularly hate?
2. Why is the motorcade in Miami canceled?
3. What do Le and Marina do a short time after they meet?
4. Why is Lee arrested in New Orleans?
5. How does Lee and Marina's marriage change after they arrive in the US?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carmine Latta help with the assassination attempt?
2. What do Frank and Raymo commiserate about on July 2nd?
3. Why does Lee Oswald try to kill himself in Moscow?
4. Why is Oswald brought back to Moscow?
5. How does Lee have a falling out with the FBI in New Orleans?
6. What does Oswald do in Dallas prior to killing Kennedy?
7. Describe Lee's life in Minsk after returning from the U-2 Interrogation.
8. How does Lee Oswald decide to kill General Walker?
9. What new plan is Frank Vasquez hatching on September 6th?
10. On August 12th, what concerns does Win Everett express to Parmenter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the character of Marguerite. How does Don DeLillo use her to frame the story, and to what extent does she reemerge as a sort of Greek chorus, commenting on Lee's fate? Why do her passages often involve the first person? Analyze her personality and neuroses: how do they reveal an ability to see the world as it is?
Essay Topic 2
The main framing device of the two narratives of Libra is the figure of Nicholas Branch. In an essay, discuss the Branch storyline in the novel. Who is Nicholas Branch, and what is his objective in the novel? How does his life devolve in a fashion similar to Oswald's? Discuss the extent to which the rest of Libra is the product of Nicholas Branch's work.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the character of Dave Ferrie. What are the defining physical and psychological characteristics of this individual? What role does he play in the novel and in the plot to kill Kennedy? How does his relationship with Lee Oswald shift and develop over the course of the narrative? Discuss Ferrie's portrayal as a personification of perverted patriotism.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)