|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 25 September, what does Ferrie tell Lee to visit in Dallas?
2. When does Lee decide to move back to America?
3. Where does Lee's mother go in this chapter to find out where her son is?
4. Who shares the motel room with T-Jay in 15 July?
5. Why is Lee arrested in New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. On October 4th, what does Branch learn about Kennedy's Miami visit?
2. What deal does Lee strike with the FBI in New Orleans?
3. What calls Oswald's testimony into question in Minsk?
4. How does Lee meet George de Mohrenschildt?
5. What do Frank and Raymo commiserate about on July 2nd?
6. Why does Carmine Latta help with the assassination attempt?
7. How does Lee Oswald try to expedite his meeting with Soviet agents after his suicide attempt?
8. Why does Lee Oswald try to kill himself in Moscow?
9. Why is Oswald brought back to Moscow?
10. Describe the interviews Oswald has in Moscow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the catalyst for the Kennedy assassination, Win Everett is a strangely benign and ambiguous figure. In an essay, discuss the grievances he expresses regarding the Kennedy administration. What does he want his fake assassination to achieve? Based on these goals, does Everett seem left or right in his political leanings? Is he an inherently violent man?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the nihilistic tone of Libra. To what extend do the events of the novel add up to a sum of nothing thematically? What impels Lee Oswald toward his final end? Does Win Everett achieve anything he intended? In the end, does President Kennedy die for any reason? Discuss if the world of Libra is one in which fate or some higher power guides characters' ends.
Essay Topic 3
In Libra, Oswald's existence and objectives seem to shift depending on what setting he inhabits. Write an essay about three locations and how Oswald lives his life there. What seems to be his goal in life? Who does he associate with, and what image does he project? Discuss how this persona of Oswald is different from the one in his previous home and in his future home?
Part 1) In Atsugi
Part 2) In Minsk
Part 3) In New Orleans
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)