|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what building in New Orleans does Lee spend much time in this chapter?
2. Why does Lee withhold certain information from Konno in their conversations?
3. What does Win suggest will turn Kennedy's attention to Castro again?
4. In the Bronx, why does Marguerite claims she cannot make her son go to school?
5. What has just happened to Lee at the beginning of New Orleans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Win Everett decide about the assassination location in 26 April?
2. How does Guy Bannister respond to the Kennedy plot?
3. Describe Lee's life in Minsk after returning from the U-2 Interrogation.
4. How does Lee have a falling out with the FBI in New Orleans?
5. Why is Lee banned from the Sproul house?
6. What does George de Mohrenschildt tell Parmenter about Oswald in this chapter?
7. According to DeLillo how does Oswald's idealism become a movement to assassination?
8. What calls Oswald's testimony into question in Minsk?
9. Describe the colorful conversation Bannister has at a bar on June 19th.
10. What does Lee dream about doing while in New Orleans?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the character of Dave Ferrie. What are the defining physical and psychological characteristics of this individual? What role does he play in the novel and in the plot to kill Kennedy? How does his relationship with Lee Oswald shift and develop over the course of the narrative? Discuss Ferrie's portrayal as a personification of perverted patriotism.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the character of Marguerite. How does Don DeLillo use her to frame the story, and to what extent does she reemerge as a sort of Greek chorus, commenting on Lee's fate? Why do her passages often involve the first person? Analyze her personality and neuroses: how do they reveal an ability to see the world as it is?
Essay Topic 3
In Libra, Oswald's existence and objectives seem to shift depending on what setting he inhabits. Write an essay about three locations and how Oswald lives his life there. What seems to be his goal in life? Who does he associate with, and what image does he project? Discuss how this persona of Oswald is different from the one in his previous home and in his future home?
Part 1) In Atsugi
Part 2) In Minsk
Part 3) In New Orleans
This section contains 2,612 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)