|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms that Raymo and Frank will join the plot in 20 May?
2. Why does Lee Oswald have difficulty reading?
3. Who do Mackey, Everett, and Parmenter blame for the Bay of Pigs failure?
4. Whose wife is Beryl?
5. Who calls Mackey on June 19th looking for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confidential information does Lee reveal to Konno in Atsugi?
2. What information about Oswald does Win receive at the beginning of June 19th?
3. Describe Nicholas Branch's life.
4. How is Lee isolated in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What does Win Everett decide about the assassination location in 26 April?
6. What do Win, Parmenter, and Mackey discuss in 17 April?
7. How does Lee meet David Ferrie?
8. How does Guy Bannister respond to the Kennedy plot?
9. Why, according to Parmenter, did the Bay of Pigs invasion fail?
10. What does Lee read about in New Orleans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the character of Dave Ferrie. What are the defining physical and psychological characteristics of this individual? What role does he play in the novel and in the plot to kill Kennedy? How does his relationship with Lee Oswald shift and develop over the course of the narrative? Discuss Ferrie's portrayal as a personification of perverted patriotism.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the value of intelligence in Libra. How does the life of Lee Oswald reflect the way information is monetized? Why is Lee Oswald given a flat and a job in Minsk by the Soviets? Why do both the CIA and the FBI express interest in Oswald after his return to the US? Discuss how Oswald, because of his faulty understanding of his intelligence, proves useless to these agencies.
Essay Topic 3
As the catalyst for the Kennedy assassination, Win Everett is a strangely benign and ambiguous figure. In an essay, discuss the grievances he expresses regarding the Kennedy administration. What does he want his fake assassination to achieve? Based on these goals, does Everett seem left or right in his political leanings? Is he an inherently violent man?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)