|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Oswald's bunkmates in Atsugi call him?
2. How did George de Mohrenschildt ostensibly die?
3. Why did Parmenter lose money after the Bay of Pigs failure?
4. How old is Lee in New Orleans?
5. What does Marguerite blame Lee for in the Bronx?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Parmenter and Win plan to incorporate Oswald into the plot?
2. Why is Lee banned from the Sproul house?
3. Who is Walter Everett, Jr.?
4. What is Lee's life in New Orleans like?
5. How does Guy Bannister respond to the Kennedy plot?
6. Why is Parmenter especially angry about the Bay of Pigs debacle?
7. Describe the colorful conversation Bannister has at a bar on June 19th.
8. What do Win, Parmenter, and Mackey discuss in 17 April?
9. How does Lee fair in the brig?
10. Who does Marguerite blame for her life in the Bronx?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Lee Oswald's private relationship with the concept of history. At what point in Oswald's personal development does he begin to consider himself a major player of history? How does he try to impress himself upon the scope of history? Discuss the process by which Oswald realizes he will not affect history in a positive way, and how this skews his view of the world.
Essay Topic 2
In Libra, Oswald's existence and objectives seem to shift depending on what setting he inhabits. Write an essay about three locations and how Oswald lives his life there. What seems to be his goal in life? Who does he associate with, and what image does he project? Discuss how this persona of Oswald is different from the one in his previous home and in his future home?
Part 1) In Atsugi
Part 2) In Minsk
Part 3) In New Orleans
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the value of intelligence in Libra. How does the life of Lee Oswald reflect the way information is monetized? Why is Lee Oswald given a flat and a job in Minsk by the Soviets? Why do both the CIA and the FBI express interest in Oswald after his return to the US? Discuss how Oswald, because of his faulty understanding of his intelligence, proves useless to these agencies.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)