|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the strippers of 12 August concerned about the new girl from New Orleans?
(a) She is black.
(b) She does not speak English.
(c) Her dancing could get the club shut down.
(d) She constantly talks about a free Cuba.
2. What does Tony Astorina tell Ruby about on September 25th?
(a) A woman Kennedy is sleeping with.
(b) A group of paratroopers near Miami.
(c) A dying cousin in Chicago.
(d) A plan to kill J. Edgar Hoover.
3. Why does Lee stop talking to his brother in Fort Worth?
(a) His brother thinks Lee is a Communist spy.
(b) His brother plans to vote for Nixon.
(c) His brother tells the FBI where Lee is.
(d) His brother makes a pass at Marina.
4. Which American movie star does Marina know?
(a) Jack Lemmon.
(b) Robert Mitchum.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Gregory Peck.
5. Who is Hidell?
(a) Oswald's KGB contact in Minsk.
(b) Oswald's benefactor.
(c) Oswald's alias.
(d) Oswald's childhood friend.
6. What physical attribute do the first two Soviet interviewers discover about Lee Oswald?
(a) He is dyslexic.
(b) He is manic depressive.
(c) He tried to kill himself.
(d) He has herpes.
7. When does Lee decide to move back to America?
(a) When Lee is fired.
(b) When Alek asks lee for more state secrets.
(c) When Lee's mother takes ill.
(d) When Marina gets pregnant.
8. On September 25th, what does Bannister say to Ferrie that they will do if Oswald refuses to take part in the plot?
(a) Abort the plan.
(b) Force Oswald to do it.
(c) Invent an Oswald.
(d) Use Ferrie.
9. Why does Oswald go to the Russian Ministry at the beginning of his time in Moscow?
(a) He cannot receive food allowances.
(b) He is robbed on the street.
(c) His visa expires.
(d) His brother dies.
10. In 2 July, where do Raymo and Frank discuss the aftermath of the Bay of Pigs fiasco?
(a) A strip club.
(b) An Independence Day parade.
(c) A firing range.
(d) A baseball game.
11. What does Oswald do when he begins to fear he may lose his job in Dallas?
(a) He rents out his spare room.
(b) He begins selling drugs.
(c) He only eats one meal a day.
(d) He takes a typing class.
12. What is Marina most excited about regarding Lee?
(a) His foreign past.
(b) His connections to the government.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His military past.
13. Why does the post office become suspicious of Lee in Fort Worth?
(a) He sends for pro-Castro leaflets.
(b) He receives mail from a county prison.
(c) He sends mail under several different names.
(d) He receives mail from the USSR.
14. What does Lee worry about going to Minsk at the end of the Moscow chapter?
(a) There are no women there.
(b) He will have no job.
(c) It is a collective farm.
(d) It is in Siberia.
15. To whom does Oswald send his photos?
(a) George de Mohreschildt.
(b) David Ferrie.
(c) Bobby Dupard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oswald asked to do by Kirilenko?
2. Aside from Fidel Castro, what is General Edwin Walker a verbal opponent of?
3. What do Le and Marina do a short time after they meet?
4. Why is Lee arrested in New Orleans?
5. What do Oswald's friends in Minsk call him?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)