|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee try to avoid shipping out from Atsugi?
(a) He forges papers.
(b) He goes AWOL.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He fakes madness.
2. What does Branch find strange about the information sent him?
(a) Little of it concerns Oswald.
(b) It is largely in Spanish.
(c) Most of it is redacted.
(d) There is more than he could possibly read.
3. With whom does Oswald live in the Bronx?
(a) He lives in a group home.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What does Marguerite complain about at the end of the chapter?
(a) Life in America.
(c) Her love prospects.
(d) Lee's intelligence.
5. On June 19th, where has Oswald taken an office?
(c) New Orleans.
6. Why does Lee visit the Sproul house in New Orleans?
(a) Marguerite wants him to wait for her there.
(b) He is spying on the father.
(c) He likes the Sproul daughter.
(d) They make good meatloaf.
7. What city does T-Jay call at the end of April 17th?
(b) New Orleans.
8. Ostensibly, how did David Ferrie die?
(a) A car crash.
(b) A skiing accident.
(c) A brain hemorrhage.
9. Who is Delphine?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) Bannister's secretary.
(c) Mackey's wife.
(d) Win's daughter.
10. What is lee regularly quizzed on in the brig?
(a) The Marine manual.
(b) His own record.
(c) Current events.
(d) American history.
11. What does Win suggest will turn Kennedy's attention to Castro again?
(a) Another missile crisis.
(b) A failed assassination attempt.
(c) A rightwing resurgence in the US.
(d) A series of ambiguous cables from Cuba.
12. What duty is Lee assigned as punishment for his unauthorized gun?
(a) Mop duty.
(b) Kitchen duty.
(c) Night guard duty.
(d) Telegraph duty.
13. Why does Lee withhold certain information from Konno in their conversations?
(a) He wants to appear dull.
(b) He is uncertain of his facts.
(c) He wants leverage in their friendship.
(d) He does not want to betray US intelligence.
14. What tests does Lee Oswald observe while in Atsugi?
(a) Hydrogen bomb detonations.
(b) U-2 flights.
(c) Enigma decoding.
(d) Hallucinogen interrogations.
15. Which famous Communist does Lee become obsessed with in New Orleans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has just happened to Lee at the beginning of New Orleans?
2. Which Cold War icon does Lee loudly discuss at the Sproul house?
3. In the Bronx, why does Marguerite claims she cannot make her son go to school?
4. What does Lee not tell Dr. Braunfels about himself?
5. Ferrie tells everyone he has what condition?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)