|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Everett doing post-CIA in 17 April?
(a) He is an antiquer.
(b) He is a freelance writer.
(c) He is a college professor.
(d) He is a mail man.
2. Why is Lee place in the brig at Atsugi?
(a) An unauthorized weapon.
(b) For revealing secrets to Japanese civilians.
(c) An altercation with an officer.
(d) For Communist tendencies.
3. What does Win suggest will turn Kennedy's attention to Castro again?
(a) A series of ambiguous cables from Cuba.
(b) A rightwing resurgence in the US.
(c) Another missile crisis.
(d) A failed assassination attempt.
4. What does Lee not tell Dr. Braunfels about himself?
(a) He is a Communist.
(b) He is dyslexic.
(c) He is from Texas originally.
(d) He was court-martialled.
5. Which failed operation is Parmenter fixated on in 20 May?
(a) An attempt to libel Kennedy a Communist.
(b) The Bay of Pigs invasion.
(c) An attempt on Win Everett's life.
(d) The first attempt on Castro's life.
6. What documentation does Parmenter provide Mackey with in 20 May?
(a) Guy Bannister's Florida contacts.
(b) Kennedy's travel schedule.
(c) Win Everett's discharge papers.
(d) Oswald's records.
7. What group was Eladio del Valle the head of?
(a) The Free Cuba Committee.
(b) The New Orleans Chamber of Commerce.
(c) A local John Birch Society chapter.
(d) Americans Against Communist Subversion.
8. Why was Marguerite recently fired?
(a) She mouthed off to her boss.
(b) Her English was poor.
(c) She was frequently late to work.
(d) She refused to wear deodorant.
9. Whose wife is Beryl?
10. How does the brig guards treat Bobby Dupard?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They abuse him constantly.
(c) They treat him with deferrence.
(d) They ignore him.
11. In what city does Win Everett initially want to stage the assassination attempt?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
12. What does Branch find strange about the information sent him?
(a) There is more than he could possibly read.
(b) It is largely in Spanish.
(c) Most of it is redacted.
(d) Little of it concerns Oswald.
13. Who is employing Branch in 17 April?
(b) The Warren Commission.
(d) The New York Times.
14. What topic do Konno and Lee most often discuss?
15. At what building in New Orleans does Lee spend much time in this chapter?
(a) The candy store.
(b) The betting hall.
(c) The library.
(d) The penny arcade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic is Lee's preferred reading?
2. What does Marguerite complain about at the end of the chapter?
3. In New Orleans, Lee reads a handbook of what branch of the military?
4. What institution does Ferrie warn Oswald about in New Orleans?
5. Who do Mackey, Everett, and Parmenter blame for the Bay of Pigs failure?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)