|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In New Orleans, what does Marguerite feel Lee focuses on?
(a) Her love life.
(b) Her nationality.
(c) Her virtues.
(d) Her failings.
2. How does George de Mohrenschildt interact with the CIA?
(a) He regularly provides intelligence to agents.
(b) He is a defector from East Germany.
(c) He is related to Richard Helms by marriage.
(d) He is an MI-5 agent.
3. Why is Lee place in the brig at Atsugi?
(a) An unauthorized weapon.
(b) An altercation with an officer.
(c) For Communist tendencies.
(d) For revealing secrets to Japanese civilians.
4. At what building in New Orleans does Lee spend much time in this chapter?
(a) The betting hall.
(b) The candy store.
(c) The penny arcade.
(d) The library.
5. From whom does Lee get his unauthorized gun Atsugi?
(a) Bobby Dupard.
(c) His brother.
6. In New Orleans, Lee reads a handbook of what branch of the military?
(b) Air Force.
7. What does Ferrie mask by his conversation with Delphine?
(a) His social anxiety.
(b) His eavesdropping the other room.
(c) His latent homosexuality.
(d) His chronic leg pain.
8. What is Win Everett doing at the end of June 19th?
(a) Making love to his wife.
(b) Forging documents.
(c) Shooting at a target.
(d) Phoning Guy Bannister.
9. Why, according to Parmenter, did the Bay of Pigs invasion fail?
(a) The exiles were not properly trailed.
(b) Not enough time was allowed.
(c) The Bay was a poor entry point.
(d) Kennedy did not provide air cover.
10. Why did Parmenter lose money after the Bay of Pigs failure?
(a) He had business investments in Cuba.
(b) He was owed money by several exiles.
(c) He paid for equipment from his personal accounts.
(d) He lost his CIA pension.
11. What does Win talk to his wife about at the end of the chapter?
(a) U-2 planes.
(c) Having another child.
(d) Richard Nixon.
12. Why does Lee Oswald have difficulty reading?
(a) He dropped out of school early.
(b) He was not raised in an English-speaking home.
(c) He is shizophrenic.
(d) He is dyslexic.
13. How does Lee know where to find Mitsuko?
(a) A bunkmate told him about her.
(b) A friend in town introduced her.
(c) She calls Lee at the base.
(d) Here address was posted on a commissary board.
14. What strikes Nicholas Branch as odd about Ferrie's death?
(a) He wrote a note.
(b) He died on November 22nd.
(c) He was in the room with his maid.
(d) He died in a house that was no longer his.
15. What is Everett doing post-CIA in 17 April?
(a) He is a college professor.
(b) He is an antiquer.
(c) He is a mail man.
(d) He is a freelance writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Communist does Lee become obsessed with in New Orleans?
2. Which failed operation is Parmenter fixated on in 20 May?
3. According to Bannister on June 19th, who does Kennedy travel with at all times?
4. What celebrity does Lee see while on his ship outside Atsugi?
5. What does Marguerite blame Lee for in the Bronx?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)