|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary finally purchase for Pete with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A monogrammed handkerchief.
(b) A pen full of invisible ink.
(c) A statue of a monk.
(d) A silver money clip.
2. Which of the following objects was NOT present in Mary and Lecia's imagination of the ward where their mother was being kept?
(a) Shock therapy.
(b) White walls.
(c) Nurses with needles.
(d) Straight jackets.
3. What was the pistol Charlie kept in her purse studded with?
4. Who was the first to spot Mary hiding in the tree with her BB gun?
(a) Rickey Carter.
(b) Rickey's father.
(c) Rickey's brother.
(d) Rickey's mother.
5. How often did Pete discuss Charlie's whereabouts with his daughters after his wife was committed?
(b) Once every few weeks.
(c) Every Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary arrived back home after running to the neighbor's for help, what were Hector and Lecia doing together?
2. Which of the following holidays did the Karr girls miss, oblivious to the day of its celebration?
3. With what did Charlie mix the first glass of wine she ever served to Mary?
4. Which of the following characters held a gun to his head while drinking at Charlie's bar, threatening to kill himself while Mary looked on?
5. Where did Charlie meet the man that she asked to babysit Mary, and who later sexually assaulted her, while she was home sick from school?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)