|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mary describe the architecture of the new house her mother purchased with the inheritance money?
(d) "Art Deco".
2. In what state was Antelope, the new town where Mary lived?
(c) New Mexico.
3. For what holiday celebration did Mary hitchhike to Texas to be with her family?
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's.
4. What pills did Charlie become addicted to after she quit drinking?
5. How many classrooms did Mary's school in Antelope have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Pete in town for the purchase of the new house before he had to fly back to Texas to work -- a move that scandalized the neighborhood?
2. What was the name of the bar Charlie owned?
3. During what major American historical event was the town of Antelope formed?
4. What did Mr. McBride do for the Karr family while he was employed?
5. What did Alecia use to bludgeon her husband with during a fight while Mary cowered in the bedroom?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)