|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
(a) Scientific theory books.
(b) True-life crime books.
(c) Hedonistic religion books.
(d) Existential philosophy books.
2. In the winter after the move to Antelope, what was Charlie addicted to in addition to alcohol?
3. What did the girls in Mary's classroom typically do during their recess from school?
(d) All of the above.
4. Which of the following aspects of Cascade's landscape did NOT fascinate Mary and Lecia upon their arrival in the new city?
(a) Fields of wildflowers.
(b) Caves full of bats.
(c) Cold mountain streams.
(d) Abandoned mines.
5. From where did Mary and Lecia draw many of the images for their imagination of their mother's ward?
(a) From brochures.
(b) From movies.
(c) From books.
(d) From the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the threatened shooting of Hector by Charlie, who phoned Pete and demanded that he take the girls the next day?
2. What type of expensive animal fur coat did Charlie buy, which alienated her from her neighbors in Texas?
3. What game were Pete and Mary playing at the local bar when she realized that her relationship with her father would never be the same?
4. What instrument did Hector like to listen to Lecia play?
5. Where did Mary pour her energy after her mother was committed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)