|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the school day, where did the students at Mary's school in Antelope sit, which always astounded her?
(a) At their desks.
(b) Outside, on the grass.
(c) Wherever they felt like it.
(d) On the floor.
2. For what holiday celebration did Mary hitchhike to Texas to be with her family?
(a) New Year's.
(d) Memorial Day.
3. How did Mary attack Rickey Carter?
(a) She spat on him.
(b) She kicked him.
(c) She bit him.
(d) She hit him.
4. How old was Hector's cousin Purdy when Mary and Lecia were sent to stay with her?
5. What did Mary purchase for Charlie with the stamps she collected from the grocery store?
(a) A nutcracker.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A toaster.
(d) A cheese grater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie purchase as an "investment" with Hector for their future together?
2. Which of the following best describes the look Mary saw on Charlie's face when Charlie threatened to shoot Hector?
3. What did neighborhood children throw at the Karr family's car as they left for vacation?
4. What types of books did Charlie read aloud to Mary before putting her in bed at night, books that Mary credited as awakening the darkness inside her?
5. What game were Pete and Mary playing at the local bar when she realized that her relationship with her father would never be the same?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)