Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment of exile?
2. Why do God's miracles never go against the sovereign?
3. Why must a sovereign publish and instruct people about his laws?
4. What practices of the Roman Church does Hobbes take exception to?
5. What beliefs of the Roman Catholic church does Hobbes add to his list of objections?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Hobbes' obvious preference for a monarchy but lumps all types of sovereignty together in his book. In this essay discuss Hobbes as either a consummate diplomat or a political opportunist. This is not verifiable historically and will be your opinion only after reading his book.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on education. People are to this day accusing universities of poisoning the minds of our young people. Explain why you think so many people fear higher education, philosophy, and modern science.
Essay Topic 3
Write your opinion about the religious content of LEVIATHAN. Tell in detail whether you found those parts of the book something you agree with, find objectionable, or simply boring. Cite passages from the book to illustrate your points.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)