|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the subjects in the Kingdom of God?
(a) only angels and heavenly choirs
(b) all men who have made a pact with him to be part of his Kingdom
(c) everyone all over the world
(d) all people preselected for membership
2. What does Hobbes describe as an external sign of God's special workings on their hearts so that afterwards they teach the Word of God?
(b) the Holy spirit
(d) the Rapture
3. What does Hobbes call a crime?
(a) a sin which consists of doing what is forbidden by law
(b) a sin that obeys an unjust law
(c) a sin that is done in the darkness
(d) a sin which is intended whether committed or not
4. What does Hobbes state about knowing the laws of a commonwealth?
(a) ignorance is not a means of protection
(b) laws that are never enforced cannot be broken
(c) common men do not need to know the law
(d) no one can know all the laws
5. What are some ways Hobbes describes the Spirit of God?
(a) the wind or a breath and sometimes it is a deep understanding and wisdom
(b) a white light seen at the end of a tunnel
(c) a power so strong it moves mountains
(d) a strange sensation that causes one to speak in other languages
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobbes suggest popular figures could be a danger to the commonwealth?
2. What does Hobbes say is God's right to establish His laws?
3. What is the end result of worshiping?
4. What does Hobbes say is a hostile and illegal act by the authority?
5. What example does Hobbes give as a crime that is not a crime?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)