Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment of exile?
(a) when a person is banished from the commonwealth
(b) when a person is discredited and shamed
(c) when a person's property is confiscated
(d) when a person is put in prison
2. Why do God's miracles never go against the sovereign?
(a) It is not God's will to make people revolt against the leader of the nation.
(b) The sovereign is not a prophet.
(c) That would backfire on the people.
(d) God is not as powerful as the sovereign.
3. Why must a sovereign publish and instruct people about his laws?
(a) because he had nothing better to do with his time
(b) because he can confuse the people otherwise
(c) because otherwise people are in danger of being unjustly arrested
(d) because the people will then know how intelligent he is
4. What practices of the Roman Church does Hobbes take exception to?
(a) Calling the worship service a mass
(b) the canonization of saints, the procession of idols and holy images, and the use of wax candles
(c) Reading the Bible to the congregations
(d) Missionary efforts among the heathen
5. What beliefs of the Roman Catholic church does Hobbes add to his list of objections?
(a) living ones religion, taking communion, and singing
(b) Bible reading, children's classes, and regular worship
(c) exorcism, ghosts, purgatory and fictitious miracles
(d) preaching, missionary work, and evangelism
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some Biblical books Hobbes says are written about certain people and not written by them?
2. What causes the people of a nation to become very angry and pass on their anger to their children?
3. What does Hobbes say is the basis for a Christian Commonwealth?
4. What does Hobbes say is the first of four causes of spiritual darkness?
5. According to Hobbes, how does God declare His laws?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)