|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the people of a nation to become very angry and pass on their anger to their children?
(a) a period of recession
(b) a leader who travels a lot
(c) a sovereign who will not go to war
(d) a leader who is only after power
2. What does Hobbes say awaits people who do not believe in Christ or the Kingdom of God?
(a) an eternal death after judgment
(b) vanishing into nothing
(c) reincarnation until they get it right
(d) poverty and hard labor on earth
3. According to Hobbes, how does God declare His laws?
(a) by natural reason, revelation, and prophecy
(b) by dreams and astrology
(c) by tablets of stone and natural disasters
(d) by loud voices from the skys
4. What does Hobbes call a sin?
(a) thinking about doing something illegal
(b) breaking any one of the Ten Commandments
(c) a transgression or a breach of laws that the legislature created
(d) a moral transgression that everyone knows about
5. What does Hobbes say is the basis for a Christian Commonwealth?
(a) mandatory Bible reading in school
(b) eliminating all who do not believe in Christ
(c) the principles of Christian politics
(d) putting priests and bishops in charge of government
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Hobbes, is it necessary to believe God is Infinite?
2. What two things does Hobbes say are necessary to be received into the Kingdom of God?
3. What is the name of a place later called Hell?
4. Who are the subjects in the Kingdom of God?
5. What roles does Hobbes say are assigned to Jesus Christ?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)