|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the Spirit of God, what other ethereal beings does Hobbes mention?
(b) aerial bodies such as angels
2. What does Hobbes say is a problem people have of understanding the Kingdom of Darkness?
(a) the misinterpretation of it in the Scripture
(b) to speak about it is to die
(c) there is no information about it
(d) no one talks about it
3. After Abraham, with whom did God renew the covenant?
(a) Isaac, Jacob, and Moses
(b) Pharoah, Nebvucadnezzar, and Caesar
(c) David, Solomon, and Herod
(d) Pete, Paul, and Mary
4. How does Hobbes say inspiration is used in Scripture?
(a) as a ruse
(b) as a fiction
(c) as an excuse
(d) as a metaphor
5. Who is it that Hobbes says belong to the Kingdom of God?
(a) the sovereigns who answer only to God
(b) only people who are members of the Church of England
(c) every person under the sun
(d) those people who believe there is a God
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobbes say the goal of the Bible is?
2. How does Hobbes define obedience to the laws?
3. What does Hobbes say is the first of four causes of spiritual darkness?
4. What, according to Hobbes, is the first priority of the sovereign?
5. What does Hobbes say is God's right to establish His laws?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does the sovereign have over the church according to Hobbes?
2. What is a leader supposed to do in addition to establishing punishments?
3. What is Hobbes' position on religious statues and icons?
4. What does Hobbes have to say about the desire for absolute power?
5. How does Hobbes define a prophet?
6. What is a main mistake Hobbes says religious people make?
7. What does Hobbes have to say about angels?
8. What complication does Hobbes see in obeying the sovereign and God at the same time?
9. What is Hobbes' idea about honoring God?
10. What does Hobbes identify as the Christian Commonwealth?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)