Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe briefly Hobbes' contract of a commonwealth.
2. How does Hobbes illustrate what he calls compound imagination?
3. How does Hobbes say people reason?
4. In what way does Hobbes warn against errors in logic or speech?
5. What does Hobbes say about having an aversion to something people know nothing about?
6. How does Hobbes identify skepticism in regards to belief?
7. How does Hobbes say a person can increase intellectual virtue?
8. Give Hobbes' idea about how much a country needs individuals.
9. How does Hobbes say competition comes into human relations?
10. How does Hobbes define the origins of religion?
11. What is Hobbes idea of people being created equal?
12. Why does Hobbes say that people fear other people?
13. What does Hobbes say about rights in the natural world?
14. Relate Hobbes' examples of a contract or a covenant.
15. How does Hobbes define justice?
16. What does Hobbes say about justice, gratitude, modesty, equity, and mercy?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)