|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the subjects in the Kingdom of God?
(a) all men who have made a pact with him to be part of his Kingdom
(b) only angels and heavenly choirs
(c) everyone all over the world
(d) all people preselected for membership
2. What is the name of a place later called Hell?
3. What must punishment focus on?
(a) making the subject feel happy
(b) correction and not revenge
(c) not making the punishment fit the crime
(d) capital and non-capital methods
4. What does Hobbes call an evil inflicted on a person who has usurped or forged his or her power?
(a) necessary punishment
(b) a vigilante form of government
(c) an act of hostility
(d) might makes right
5. Why do God's miracles never go against the sovereign?
(a) God is not as powerful as the sovereign.
(b) The sovereign is not a prophet.
(c) It is not God's will to make people revolt against the leader of the nation.
(d) That would backfire on the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hobbes suggest it is not logical to follow the Golden Rule?
2. What roles does Hobbes say are assigned to Jesus Christ?
3. Why does Hobbes say that virtue is comparative?
4. What does Hobbes say people are either born with or develop?
5. What is an example of Hobbes' unprovable discourse?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)