|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobbes define as moral virtues?
(a) sharing, educating, explaining, and contributing
(b) justice, gratitude, modesty, equity, and mercy
(c) conforming, working, learning, and manufacturing
(d) fearing, obeying, ordering, and supplanting
2. How does Hobbes define liberty?
(a) the absence of opposition
(b) time off from work
(c) the first basic need
(d) the right to vote
3. Who are the subjects in the Kingdom of God?
(a) all people preselected for membership
(b) all men who have made a pact with him to be part of his Kingdom
(c) everyone all over the world
(d) only angels and heavenly choirs
4. What does Hobbes call the blood flow of a commonwealth?
(b) military power
(d) voting rights
5. What needs to be given to the shy people?
(a) laws to prevent their abuse
(b) encouragement to get out and attain what the others have
(c) large amounts of financial aid
(d) an economic bailout package
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do God's miracles never go against the sovereign?
2. What can a man do when speaking to a group?
3. What are some Biblical books Hobbes says are written about certain people and not written by them?
4. Who is a person who speaks directly to God and is a predictor of the future according to Hobbes?
5. Why does Hobbes say men will give up some of their freedoms?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)