|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to be a contradiction in Hobbes' attitude toward protest?
(a) People can protest but they cannot organize.
(b) People can legally protest but they can only do it openly.
(c) People cannot protest but they can camgaign for change.
(d) People are legally able to protest a political system, but not against the sovereign.
2. Why does Hobbes say that people are always seeking more power, wealth, or popularity?
(a) People are restless.
(b) People believe in the supernatural.
(c) People can think.
(d) People are like animals.
3. What is the one exception to a defense of not knowing the law?
(a) ignorance may be applied if the law is obscure
(b) ignorance may be applied if everyone has forgotten it
(c) ignorance may be applied if a person cannot read
(d) ignorance may apply to someone is if he is a foreigner
4. What do counsels for the aristocracy generally do?
(a) Offer plans for governing change
(b) Last for days or even months
(c) Excite the multitude to create change
(d) Serve no useful purpose
5. Who is it that Hobbes says belong to the Kingdom of God?
(a) only people who are members of the Church of England
(b) every person under the sun
(c) those people who believe there is a God
(d) the sovereigns who answer only to God
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must speak of the same God in which all Christians believe?
2. What does Hobbes say is God's right to establish His laws?
3. What is an angel?
4. How does Hobbes say a commonwealth is taken by acquisition?
5. How must a counselor speak?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)