|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hobbes identify political systems?
(a) those which are only governed by an assembly
(b) those which are entirely run by negotiation
(c) those which are granted status by the sovereign
(d) thise which are regulated by majority consensus
2. What does Hobbes identify as three basic human fears?
(a) fear of the dark, the weather, and wild animals
(b) fear of work, being social, and talking too much
(c) fear of being robbed, raped, or ousted from their homes
(d) fear of snakes, spideers, and scorpions
3. How must a counselor speak?
(a) with a lot of repetition so his points sink in
(b) truthfully and concisely without using too many confusing and eloquent words
(c) loudly so he can be heard at the back of the group
(d) angrily so that the group will fear him
4. What does Hobbes say leads to competition among people?
(b) restless desire
(c) different abilities
(d) different interests
5. What is a fundamental interest on the part of a counselor?
(a) to deceive the people
(b) to hide his motives
(c) to get his own way
(d) for the good of those that he counsels
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobbes call the intention to do wrong or harm another?
2. What are examples of Hobbes' involuntary motions?
3. What does Hobbes identify as the two ways one can hold sway over others?
4. What option does Hobbes say everyone has?
5. What does Hobbes say is a hostile and illegal act by the authority?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)