|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 20 & 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term he uses for reasoning with another person?
2. Why do people want to make a covenant and select sovereigns?
(a) to allow for orderly disagreement
(b) to be like the other commonweaths around them
(c) to rid themselves of political uneasiness
(d) to prevent having to relinquish freedoms
3. What is Hobbes' position on mothers and their children?
(a) Mothers have no rights to children.
(b) The state owns all children.
(c) Mothers will abandon their children.
(d) The mother is the natural owner of the children.
4. When a multitude becomes one group, what must they select?
(a) the furniture that is appropriate for a group
(b) an appropriate meeting place large enough to accomodate all
(c) a representative who is trusted by all the group members
(d) a set of rules, regulations, and by-laws
5. What does Hobbes accept when peace is impossible?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hobbes describe his compound imagination?
2. What does Hobbes say is needed to protect people from danger?
3. What does Hobbes say a person is doing when he stops defending himself?
4. What two factors does Hobbes believe control mental discourse?
5. What type of book is LEVIATHAN?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)