|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 20 & 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobbes say people are either born with or develop?
(a) appetites and aversions
(b) hair and fingernails
(c) fingers and toes
(d) personalities and names
2. How does Hobbes define injustice of an action?
(c) a lawsuit
3. Why does Hobbes contend that no sovereign can do wrong to anyone under his authority?
(a) There is divine Right of Kings.
(b) The sovereign is led by God.
(c) The sovereign is exempt from making mistakes.
(d) They entered into the contract to create the sovereign.
4. What is Hobbes' only conditionality regarding all people being created equal?
(a) Some may be born into money.
(b) Some may be taller than others.
(c) Some may be better looking than others.
(d) Some may be stronger or smarter than others.
5. What is Hobbes' idea about self-protection in natural law?
(a) It is not natural to protect oneself, it should be done by the commonwealth.
(b) With people it is not necessary.
(c) Humans have a right to preemptive strikes.
(d) In nature, every person has the right to protect his own life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hobbes suggest it is not logical to follow the Golden Rule?
2. What is Hobbes' position on mothers and their children?
3. How can it be said that each man in a group has a voice?
4. What does the commonwealth need to successfully control the society?
5. How does Hobbes define liberty?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)