|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapters 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hobbes describe his compound imagination?
(a) Like seeing an appl and an orange and imagining a melon
(b) Like seeing a man and a horse and imagining a centaur
(c) Like seeing a carriage and a house and imagining a train
(d) Like seeing a dog and a cat and imagining a kangaroo
2. How does Hobbes see the commonwealth?
(a) Like a church
(b) Like an army
(c) Like a steam engine
(d) Like an artificial man
3. Where does Hobbes insist people go when they disagree?
(a) To a judge
(b) To the boxing ring
(c) To a priest
(d) To a teacher
4. How does Hobbes classify intellectual virtue?
(a) having natural wit or a quick imagination
(b) having natural innocence
(c) having a high IQ
(d) having insight into spiritual matters
5. What is an example of Hobbes' unprovable discourse?
(a) whether cows talk
(b) which way the wind blows
(c) the law of gravity
(d) if God exists or not
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobbes say that people are always seeking more power, wealth, or popularity?
2. How does Hobbes suggest that people reason?
3. What is the term he uses for reasoning with another person?
4. What are some of his voluntary motions?
5. What example does Hobbes give as a meaningless combination of words?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)