|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapters 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can passion for power be dangerous?
(a) People can use evil means to get power.
(b) People can be deceived.
(c) People can be electrocuted.
(d) People cannot achieve it.
2. What is the term he uses for reasoning with another person?
3. How does Hobbes classify discourse that cannot be proven?
4. What is an example of Hobbes' unprovable discourse?
(a) if God exists or not
(b) which way the wind blows
(c) whether cows talk
(d) the law of gravity
5. What does Hobbes think of using metaphors?
(a) They are never understood.
(b) They are useful.
(c) They cost too much.
(d) They are improper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book is LEVIATHAN?
2. Where does Hobbes insist people go when they disagree?
3. What does Hobbes say leads to competition among people?
4. What example does Hobbes give as a meaningless combination of words?
5. What kinds of questions does Hobbes say people have little interest in?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)