|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapters 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hobbes see the commonwealth?
(a) Like a steam engine
(b) Like an army
(c) Like a church
(d) Like an artificial man
2. What type of book is LEVIATHAN?
(a) A science fiction book
(b) A book about comparative religion
(c) A book about large fish
(d) A book of political philosophy
3. How does Hobbes suggest that people reason?
(a) By counting on fingers and toes
(b) By mathematical equations
(c) By first getting burned
(d) By adding or subtracting two thoughts
4. How does Hobbes classify discourse that cannot be proven?
5. Who does Hobbes insist is of the greatest value to a commonwealth?
(a) the minister
(b) the sovreign
(c) the banker
(d) the teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hobbes insist people go when they disagree?
2. Why does Hobbes say that people are always seeking more power, wealth, or popularity?
3. What is the term he uses for reasoning with another person?
4. What two factors does Hobbes believe control mental discourse?
5. What are some of his voluntary motions?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)