|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapters 11 & 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobbes call reasoning with oneself?
2. How does Hobbes classify intellectual virtue?
(a) having insight into spiritual matters
(b) having natural innocence
(c) having natural wit or a quick imagination
(d) having a high IQ
3. Who does Hobbes insist is of the greatest value to a commonwealth?
(a) the minister
(b) the sovreign
(c) the banker
(d) the teacher
4. What does Hobbes think of using metaphors?
(a) They cost too much.
(b) They are never understood.
(c) They are useful.
(d) They are improper.
5. Where does Hobbes insist people go when they disagree?
(a) To a priest
(b) To a judge
(c) To a teacher
(d) To the boxing ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobbes insist that the commonwealth is born out of human politics?
2. What kinds of questions does Hobbes say people have little interest in?
3. To be sure one has found reason, what is necessary?
4. How does Hobbes see the commonwealth?
5. What two factors does Hobbes believe control mental discourse?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)