|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapters 39, 40, & 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobbes identify as the two ways one can hold sway over others?
(a) power and control
(b) money and gifts
(c) charisma and intelligence
(d) counsel and command
2. What does Hobbes say awaits people who do not believe in Christ or the Kingdom of God?
(a) an eternal death after judgment
(b) reincarnation until they get it right
(c) poverty and hard labor on earth
(d) vanishing into nothing
3. What does Hobbes identify as security against all evil, sickness, and death?
(a) wealth and prosperity
(c) public welfare
(d) the joys of eternal life and salvation
4. How does Hobbes classify intellectual virtue?
(a) having natural wit or a quick imagination
(b) having insight into spiritual matters
(c) having a high IQ
(d) having natural innocence
5. Who does Hobbes identify as the first sovereign of the commonwealth of the faithful?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobbes insist that the commonwealth comes first?
2. What results are there when an actor makes a contract?
3. What does Hobbes say leads to competition among people?
4. To be sure one has found reason, what is necessary?
5. What is a fundamental interest on the part of a counselor?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)