|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term he uses for reasoning with another person?
2. How does Hobbes define a pact or covenant?
(a) when any promise is made
(b) when something is sold or traded
(c) when money changes hands
(d) when something is transferred or traded for future payment
3. What does Hobbes think of using metaphors?
(a) They cost too much.
(b) They are useful.
(c) They are never understood.
(d) They are improper.
4. What does Hobbes say leads to competition among people?
(a) restless desire
(b) different interests
(d) different abilities
5. What kind of idea does Hobbes classify as good wit?
(a) one so unique that nobody else would have thought of it
(b) one that everyone can agree to
(c) one open to argument and debate
(d) one that produces only good results
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hobbes say that having friends, followers, and servants is the greatest power?
2. When does Hobbes suggest it is not logical to follow the Golden Rule?
3. How can it be said that each man in a group has a voice?
4. When many people first get together, what are they called?
5. How does Hobbes classify intellectual virtue?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)