|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobbes say a person is doing when he stops defending himself?
(a) practicing the Golden Rule
(b) surrendering his life and his possessions
(c) doing the right thing
(d) depending on the commonwealth
2. What does Hobbes call reasoning with oneself?
3. Why can passion for power be dangerous?
(a) People can be electrocuted.
(b) People can use evil means to get power.
(c) People cannot achieve it.
(d) People can be deceived.
4. How can it be said that each man in a group has a voice?
(a) because no deaf mute is allowed to participate
(b) because their representative shares their same opinions
(c) because they all speak in unison
(d) because they get to speak one by one
5. What does Hobbes accept when peace is impossible?
Short Answer Questions
1. When many people first get together, what are they called?
2. What does Hobbes think of using metaphors?
3. Who does Hobbes insist is of the greatest value to a commonwealth?
4. What does Hobbes say leads to competition among people?
5. What is the term he uses for reasoning with another person?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)