|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapters 36 & 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hobbes mean by anything spoken by God and those concerning Him and his government?
(a) the Ten Commandments
(b) the Word of God
(c) the Golden Rule
(d) the Prophets
2. Who cannot perform a miracle?
(a) a true believer in God
(b) a devil, angel, or other spirit
(c) a prophet of God
(d) an apostle of Christ
3. What does Hobbes define as moral virtues?
(a) conforming, working, learning, and manufacturing
(b) sharing, educating, explaining, and contributing
(c) justice, gratitude, modesty, equity, and mercy
(d) fearing, obeying, ordering, and supplanting
4. When is there nothing illegal or unjust in any action done by anyone?
(a) when there is no commonwealth
(b) when the commonwealth is too spread out
(c) when no one is looking
(d) when there are guidelines
5. What is a fundamental interest on the part of a counselor?
(a) to get his own way
(b) to deceive the people
(c) for the good of those that he counsels
(d) to hide his motives
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does law need interpretation?
2. What does Hobbes call a third law of nature?
3. Who is a person who speaks directly to God and is a predictor of the future according to Hobbes?
4. What does Hobbes call the intention to do wrong or harm another?
5. Who does Hobbes identify as the Supreme Prophet?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)