Part 1 Chapter 1 & 2 | Part 1 Chapters 3 & 4
1. What type of book is LEVIATHAN?
(a) A book about comparative religion
(b) A science fiction book
(c) A book about large fish
(d) A book of political philosophy
2. How does Hobbes see the commonwealth?
(a) Like an artificial man
(b) Like a church
(c) Like an army
(d) Like a steam engine
3. How does Hobbes describe his compound imagination?
(a) Like seeing a dog and a cat and imagining a kangaroo
(b) Like seeing a carriage and a house and imagining a train
(c) Like seeing a man and a horse and imagining a centaur
(d) Like seeing an appl and an orange and imagining a melon
4. What does Hobbes say about controlling thoughts?
(a) People learn to do it at an early age.
(b) The commonwealth controls thoughts.
(c) People cannot always do it.
(d) Thought should not be controlled.
5. What two factors does Hobbes believe control mental discourse?
(a) Vocabulary and definitions
(b) Love and hate
(c) Desire and fear
(d) Education and experience
This section contains 6,054 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)