|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Dennis' father apologize?
(a) For keeping Dennis away from video games.
(b) For dying too young to help Dennis.
(c) For not telling Dennis more about the father's past.
(d) For all the problems he had caused Dennis.
2. Who is Cathileen Rhee?
(a) The biology lab assistant.
(b) A medical student who is back for the third try at getting out of medical school.
(c) One of the medical school professors.
(d) Someone who knows Hector form their undergraduate days.
3. What is Ipsha's family's long-standing tradition?
(a) The men always go into politics.
(b) The women always go into medicine.
(c) The women always go into education.
(d) A member of each generation becoming a surgeon.
4. Who was in the restaurant Dennis runs past?
(a) Hector and Kat.
(d) Kat and Ipsha.
5. What did Dennis' father promise Dennis' grandfather?
(a) Dennis' father would name his son Dennis.
(b) Dennis would never lack for anything.
(c) Dennis' father would become a doctor.
(d) Dennis' father would go to law school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis' father admit to Dennis?
2. Who catches Dennis as he is falling?
3. What knocks Dennis over?
4. How do Dennis' friends reassure him?
5. What does Dennis think is his destiny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dennis become closer to his friends and what is Ipsha's reaction to Kat?
2. What are some confused thoughts Dennis is having about his life?
3. What assignment does Dennis receive in microbiology class?
4. What happens to Kat when she is ten years old?
5. What does Dennis' mother say about her health and Dennis' studies?
6. How does Dennis escape his room and what do the angels do?
7. What happens when Dennis bites the orange ghost?
8. What does Kat say about Dennis' belief in his destiny to become a Gastroenterologist, and what does Dennis think about her words?
9. What does Dennis decide and what does he not look forward to doing?
10. What happens to Dennis in microbiology class on Monday?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)