|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis say the face on the statue in front of the church becomes?
(a) His mother's face.
(b) The face of an alien.
(c) The face of Pacman.
(d) His father's face.
2. Who does Dennis say he is happy to see?
(a) His pa's face.
(b) His ma.
(d) His girlfriend.
3. What does Dennis do as he is moving the joystick on the arcade game even though he has no money?
(b) Swears he will own the machine someday.
(c) Challenges other boys in the hopes they will pay for a game for him.
(d) Makes sound effects.
4. What is the topic of one of the notes Dennis' father leaves him?
(a) Why video games are unhealthy.
(b) How to housebreak a puppy.
(c) How to please one's parents.
(d) How to get into college.
5. Where is one place Dennis leaves hints about what he wants?
(a) On the bathroom mirror.
(b) On the windshield of the car.
(c) His dog's collar.
(d) His dad's coffee cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis say his teacher accidentally did when Dennis was in kindergarten?
2. How does Dennis receive this news he learns from his classmates?
3. Where does Dennis go after hanging up with his ma?
4. What does Dennis delay because he is looking at the video game?
5. Because of what does Dennis have to face consequences?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the angels go to Dr. Rodriguez's home, and who does Dr. Rodriguez think the angels are?
2. How does Dennis' father explain why Dennis receives a chemistry set for Christmas?
3. What happens at the arcade one day when a feather floats down and then at a game-playing party?
4. What occupies Dennis' mind while they are in the restaurant?
5. What does Dennis learn from classmates that excites him and why is he excited?
6. Where and what is the first video game Dennis Ouyang ever saw?
7. How are Dennis' dreams changed from the night after seeing the video game?
8. What does Dennis think about concerning how his downfall at the university begins?
9. What does Dennis learn in a meeting with Dr. Rodriguez in Dennis' junior year?
10. Who are these beings that appear to Dennis and what do they want?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)