|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis stare at as he and the family are leaving the restaurant?
(a) The video arcade game.
(b) An elderly man engrossed in the arcade game.
(c) A older teen playing the arcade game.
(d) A new girl in school who is coming in the restaurant with her family.
2. What does Dr. Rodriguez suggest Dennis consider?
(a) Applying for an overseas program.
(b) Changing majors to something less strenuous.
(c) A couple years at a Junior College.
(d) Get counseling at the counseling center.
3. When does Dennis decide to take the direct route back to his apartment?
(a) After his talk with Dr. Rodriguez.
(c) In his sophomore year.
(d) Two weeks after his freshman year started.
4. How does Dennis receive this news he learns from his classmates?
(a) He can hardly wait to play some of the new games coming out.
(b) He is very excited.
(c) He thinks his classmates are full of hot air.
(d) He does not think it would be honest to do something like shorting out a machine.
5. What does Dennis wonder if it is a stage of grieving?
(a) Going nuts.
(c) Eating lots of junk food.
(d) Drinking beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis' friend call Dennis?
2. What does Dennis say to his ma about his studies after he talks to Dr. Rodriguez?
3. What happens two weeks after Dennis graduates high school?
4. What can Dennis not do at this point?
5. What is the result of Dennis' poor performance at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Dennis is walking home from the game-playing party?
2. What does Dennis do while at the store if no one is playing the video game?
3. How does Dennis' father explain why Dennis receives a chemistry set for Christmas?
4. What astonishes Dennis when he is in the third grade?
5. Where and what is the first video game Dennis Ouyang ever saw?
6. What do the angels greet Dennis with the morning after seeing Dr. Rodriguez and what is his response?
7. How are Dennis' dreams changed from the night after seeing the video game?
8. What happens two weeks before Dennis graduates from high school and does Dennis respond?
9. Why is Dennis on academic probation?
10. How does Dr. Rodriguez respond to the angels' request and what makes her change her mind?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)