|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis learn about at school from his classmates?
(a) The newest arcade games to come out.
(b) The way to short the electronics to get free games.
(c) The way to slide a knife in the coin slot to get money for the game.
(d) The Nintendo Entertainment System.
2. What does Dennis think about when he is with his family after first encountering his first video arcade game?
(a) His upcoming tennis tryouts.
(b) The game.
(c) His upcoming basketball tryouts.
(d) How to get his father to buy him one of the games.
3. What does Dennis often do after school?
(a) Stops by the convenience store.
(b) Runs errands for his father at his father's business.
(c) Takes care of his younger siblings.
(d) Stays after for baseball practice.
4. What does Dennis say to his ma about his studies after he talks to Dr. Rodriguez?
(a) He made the Dean's list.
(b) He has all "D's".
(c) They are terrible.
(d) They are going well.
5. Why does Dennis not get an allowance?
(a) He does get an allowance.
(b) His family is very poor.
(c) He does, but it is suspended for a year because of his grades.
(d) His family does not believe in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it eventually take Dennis to get to class?
2. Why does Dennis take a detour to class after first passing the statue in front of the church?
3. Who was Dennis with when he noticed his first arcade video game?
4. How does Dennis receive this news he learns from his classmates?
5. Where is one place Dennis leaves hints about what he wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and what is the first video game Dennis Ouyang ever saw?
2. Why can't Dennis play the video game at the convenience store?
3. How does Dr. Rodriguez respond to the angels' request and what makes her change her mind?
4. Why do the angels go to Dr. Rodriguez's home, and who does Dr. Rodriguez think the angels are?
5. What astonishes Dennis when he is in the third grade?
6. What does Dennis learn in a meeting with Dr. Rodriguez in Dennis' junior year?
7. How does Dennis' father explain why Dennis receives a chemistry set for Christmas?
8. What happens as Dennis is walking home from the game-playing party?
9. What do the angels greet Dennis with the morning after seeing Dr. Rodriguez and what is his response?
10. Why is Dennis on academic probation?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)