|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis dread telling the angels?
(a) He is changing to pathology.
(b) He does not want to go to medical school.
(c) He is changing to radiology.
(d) He is getting married.
2. Why is Dennis' mother in the hospital?
(a) She broke her hip.
(b) Her feet are numb.
(c) She is visiting a sick relative.
(d) She broke her wrist.
3. What does Dennis think is his destiny?
(a) To marry Ipsha.
(b) To marry Kat.
(c) To go into Gastroenterology.
(d) To become a pathologist.
4. What is blown into Dennis' room along with Dennis?
(c) His dinner.
(d) His books.
5. What does Dennis tell the angels?
(a) To help him make dinner.
(b) He wants them out of his life.
(c) To back off.
(d) To go find someone else to harass.
6. What does Dennis' father admit to Dennis?
(a) Dennis' father is not being fair to Dennis.
(b) Dennis' father is living his dreams through Dennis.
(c) Dennis' father hated medical school.
(d) Dennis' father is trying to make Dennis a better person than the father was.
7. How does Dennis escape his room?
(a) Convinces one of the angels he needs some food.
(b) Climbs up into the attic through the trap door in his room.
(c) Crawls out the window.
(d) Sneaks out the door.
8. Who was in the restaurant Dennis runs past?
(a) Kat and Ipsha.
(d) Hector and Kat.
9. What does Kat say about Dennis' choice in medical fields?
(a) Dennis should not be in medical school.
(b) Dennis should be in psychiatry since there is no blood or other organic matter to sicken Dennis.
(c) Dennis should pursue what Dennis wants.
(d) Dennis should honor his father's wishes.
10. What happens when Hector gets drunk one night?
(a) He is sent to prison for causing an accident with fatalities.
(b) He almost drowns in his vomit.
(c) He has a vision.
(d) He ends up in a full body cast.
11. From what country is Ipsha Narang?
12. What does Kat suggest Dennis grow?
(a) A beard.
(b) House plants to soften his living quarters.
(c) A backbone.
(d) Long hair.
13. For what does Dennis' father apologize?
(a) For all the problems he had caused Dennis.
(b) For keeping Dennis away from video games.
(c) For dying too young to help Dennis.
(d) For not telling Dennis more about the father's past.
14. Who is Cathileen Rhee?
(a) Someone who knows Hector form their undergraduate days.
(b) One of the medical school professors.
(c) The biology lab assistant.
(d) A medical student who is back for the third try at getting out of medical school.
15. What is another promise Dennis sees his father make?
(a) To bring his parents to the United States.
(b) To find a cure for his grandmother's disease.
(c) To take his parents' bodies back to be buried in their homeland.
(d) To help his son becomes a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What knocks Dennis over?
2. About what is Dennis' mother not worried?
3. With whom does Hector Marinez go to high school?
4. What does Dennis learn when he goes to the hospital?
5. What are the angels afraid Dennis is doing?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)