|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Hector have to live for a full year?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) The patients in a rehab hospital.
(d) His grandmother.
2. When are the students to bring in the samples?
(a) The next day.
(c) Never; it's for their own information.
(d) Within the next month.
3. What does Dennis do after quitting medical school?
(a) Visits his mother.
(b) Starts playing video games.
(c) Sees the dean of the medical school.
(d) Sleeps for several days.
4. What does Kat suggest Dennis grow?
(a) House plants to soften his living quarters.
(b) A backbone.
(c) Long hair.
(d) A beard.
5. Why did Dennis' father have trouble in medical school?
(a) He never went to medical school.
(c) Poor English.
(d) Personality conflicts.
6. What does Dennis' mother encourage him to do?
(a) Be strong.
(b) Give her grandchildren.
(c) Rethink what he wants to do with his life.
(d) Get married.
7. What does Dennis dread telling the angels?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is changing to pathology.
(c) He does not want to go to medical school.
(d) He is changing to radiology.
8. What does Dennis decide to do about the pursuers?
(a) Trick them.
(b) Tie them up.
(c) Chomp them.
(d) Confine them.
9. With whom does Hector Marinez go to high school?
(a) Ipsha Narang.
(b) No one at the medical school.
(c) Both Dennis and Ipsha.
10. What do the angels remind Dennis that they made for him?
(a) A collage of pictures of his dad.
(d) Flash cards.
11. What does Dennis have a hard time doing when he's confronting the angels?
(a) Standing his ground.
(b) Disagreeing with them.
(c) Getting words out.
(d) Putting up with their sorrow.
12. What is blown into Dennis' room along with Dennis?
(c) His dinner.
(d) His books.
13. What does Dennis say he does not have that will prevent him from becoming a doctor?
(b) Strong stomach.
14. Why is Dennis' mother in the hospital?
(a) She broke her hip.
(b) She broke her wrist.
(c) She is visiting a sick relative.
(d) Her feet are numb.
15. What does a man tell Dennis when Dennis meets him in an electronics store?
(a) That Dennis is the best the man had ever seen at video games.
(b) That Dennis could have a job at the store.
(c) That Dennis saved the man's life.
(d) That Dennis can do better with his life than video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country is Ipsha Narang?
2. What happens when Hector gets drunk one night?
3. What does Dennis learn when he goes to the hospital?
4. What does one angel say in response to Dennis' talking about quitting medical school?
5. What is Ipsha's family's long-standing tradition?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)