|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dennis learn about at school from his classmates?
(a) The way to slide a knife in the coin slot to get money for the game.
(b) The newest arcade games to come out.
(c) The way to short the electronics to get free games.
(d) The Nintendo Entertainment System.
2. What grade is Dennis in when a convenience store installs a video game near his home?
3. Why does Dennis' father "put his foot down"?
(a) To make Dennis get his homework done.
(b) To make Dennis go inside the restaurant and eat.
(c) To make Dennis show his younger brother how to play the video arcade game.
(d) To make Dennis apologize to his mother for his tardiness.
4. What happens two weeks after Dennis graduates high school?
(a) His mother dies.
(b) His father dies.
(c) His dog dies.
(d) His grandfather dies.
5. What does Dennis buy even though he is grieving?
(a) A corsage for his prom date.
(b) Another dog.
(c) A game system.
(d) A train ticket to go to his college.
6. When does Dennis decide to take the direct route back to his apartment?
(a) Two weeks after his freshman year started.
(c) In his sophomore year.
(d) After his talk with Dr. Rodriguez.
7. What does Dennis think about when he is with his family after first encountering his first video arcade game?
(a) How to get his father to buy him one of the games.
(b) His upcoming tennis tryouts.
(c) His upcoming basketball tryouts.
(d) The game.
8. Where is one place Dennis leaves hints about what he wants?
(a) On the windshield of the car.
(b) His dog's collar.
(c) On the bathroom mirror.
(d) His dad's coffee cup.
9. How long does it eventually take Dennis to get to class?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) Several hours.
10. What does Dennis delay because he is looking at the video game?
(a) A game of tennis.
(b) Doing his homework.
(c) Going to sleep.
11. How often is Dennis supposed to call his ma?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) When he feels like it.
(d) Once a week.
12. What do the angels say Dennis will do?
(a) Invent the most popular video game of all time.
(b) Go to law school.
(c) Help his mother.
(d) Attend medical college.
13. What is Dennis' response to his first video game encounter?
(c) Thought it'd be too difficult to play.
(d) Thought it was childish.
14. Why does Dennis like to see other kids playing the arcade game near his home?
(a) So he could watch.
(b) So he could learn their techniques.
(c) He did not like to see his game being used by others.
(d) So he could challenge them.
15. How does Dennis get his mother to let him off the phone?
(a) He cusses.
(b) He says a friend is there to write a paper with him.
(c) He says he is sick.
(d) He tells her he has a big test in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis envision as the waiter takes the family's orders when they are eating out?
2. Where is another place Dennis leaves messages?
3. Who was Dennis with when he noticed his first arcade video game?
4. What touches Dennis one day as he is playing at the arcade?
5. What does Dennis overhear his mother say she is worried about?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)