|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dennis start dropping hints about what he wants?
(a) His birthday is coming.
(b) Christmas is coming.
(c) His grandparents are visiting.
(d) His wealthy uncle is visiting.
2. What does Dennis think about when he is with his family after first encountering his first video arcade game?
(a) How to get his father to buy him one of the games.
(b) His upcoming basketball tryouts.
(c) The game.
(d) His upcoming tennis tryouts.
3. What does Dennis often do after school?
(a) Stays after for baseball practice.
(b) Stops by the convenience store.
(c) Takes care of his younger siblings.
(d) Runs errands for his father at his father's business.
4. Why does Dennis like to see other kids playing the arcade game near his home?
(a) So he could challenge them.
(b) He did not like to see his game being used by others.
(c) So he could watch.
(d) So he could learn their techniques.
5. What champion was Dennis' friend at O'Dowd High School's Anime Club?
(a) Street Wars VI.
(b) Street Fighter II.
(c) Star Burst.
(d) Burn Runner II.
6. How does Dennis get his mother to let him off the phone?
(a) He says a friend is there to write a paper with him.
(b) He says he is sick.
(c) He tells her he has a big test in the morning.
(d) He cusses.
7. When does Dennis decide to take the direct route back to his apartment?
(a) After his talk with Dr. Rodriguez.
(b) Two weeks after his freshman year started.
(d) In his sophomore year.
8. Who does Takeem say he is in relation to who he says Dennis is?
(a) A nobody.
(b) John Astra.
(c) Robin Williams.
(d) Ben Affleck.
9. What does Dennis' mother suggest to her husband?
(a) They let him visit his grandparents for a few days.
(b) They take him to the science museum so he'll feel enthusiastic about the chemistry set.
(c) They get the Nintendo for his birthday.
(d) They ask Dennis to make something with the chemistry set.
10. What does Dennis overhear his mother say she is worried about?
(a) He has not opened the chemistry set.
(b) He is moping around all the time.
(c) He is not speaking to his father.
(d) He has not signed up for any higher level academic courses the next year.
11. What is the first arcade game Dennis Ouyang ever saw?
(d) Donkey Kong.
12. What does Dennis reluctantly do?
(a) Take his new puppy to obedience class.
(b) Signs up for two advanced-level academic classes.
(c) Tries out for the tennis team.
(d) Opens his chemistry set.
13. What does Dr. Rodriguez say Dennis has had plenty of time to do?
(b) Learn college algebra.
(c) Decide his major.
(d) Gain study skills.
14. How does Dennis think he could play video games as much as he wants?
(a) By pilfering quarters from his mother's purse.
(b) By getting a Nintendo Entertainment System.
(c) By convincing some of the boys with money that he could teach them how to play better.
(d) By working for his father every afternoon to earn money.
15. What does Dennis dream after his first encounter with a video arcade game?
(a) He dreams of flying away in one of the space ships.
(b) He dreams of a huge worm swallowing him.
(c) He dreams in pixels.
(d) He dreams of a pac-man eating him starting at his toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Dennis' mother think money should not be used?
2. What does Dennis demand of his father?
3. What is Dennis' response to his first video game encounter?
4. What does Dr. Rodriguez suggest Dennis consider?
5. What happens two weeks after Dennis graduates high school?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)