|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rilke enclose with his third letter to the young poet?
(a) A list of his most recent books.
(b) Names of publishers to whom the young poet can send his work.
(c) A note to Professor Horacek.
(d) Copies of some of his poems.
2. What does Rilke say is bad about physical pleasure?
(a) Its temptation.
(b) Humans' misuse and waste of it.
(c) Its ability to keep artists away from their work.
(d) Its ability to bring happiness.
3. In letter three, what does Rilke claim to be the most important element of becoming an artist?
4. Which letter from the young poet is Rilke responding to with his fourth letter?
(a) The young poet's letter of May 2, 1903.
(b) The young poet's letter of Easter, 1903.
(c) The young poet's letter of Easter, 1907.
(d) The young poet's letter of May 2, 1908.
5. In what year does Rilke write the third letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Rilke write the fourth letter?
2. What does the young poet request in his third letter to Rilke?
3. Why has Rilke come to the place where he composes the fourth letter?
4. What does the young poet write about in his third letter to Rilke that Rilke mentions in his letter back to the young poet?
5. In the fourth letter, what does Rilke say he wishes human beings are more reverent toward?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)