|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rilke advise the young poet to view sex?
(a) To see it as a temptation to be avoided.
(b) To fear it.
(c) To rejoice in it but not lose oneself in it.
(d) To distance sex from art.
2. In the first letter, in what manner does Rilke suggest the young poet can tend to his personal growth?
(d) Quietly and seriously.
3. In what year does Rilke write the third letter?
4. In the fourth letter, who does Rilke say is more similar than people think?
(a) Men and women.
(b) Humans and animals.
(c) Artists and farmers.
(d) Officers and prisoners.
5. In the fourth letter, where does Rilke instruct the young poet to look for answers to his deepest questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rilke tell the young poet to rejoice in?
2. Near the close of the fourth letter, Rilke mentions the positive aspects of the young poet's new profession. What are those positive aspects?
3. To what does Rilke compare artistic experience?
4. What acquaintance do Rilke and the young poet have in common?
5. What does Rilke advise the poet to do in regard to his efforts to get published?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)