|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rilke's salutation at the end of the first letter?
(a) "With gratitude and happiness."
(b) "Yours faithfully."
(c) "Warmest regards."
(d) "Yours faithfully and with all sympathy."
2. How does Professor Horacek know Rilke?
(a) Professor Horacek knows Rilke's grandfather.
(b) Professor Horacek is Rilke's editor.
(c) Professor Horacek raises Rilke.
(d) Professor Horacek teaches Rilke at a military academy.
3. What does Rilke ask the young poet to do for him at the end of the first letter?
(a) Tell Professor Horacek of Rilke's esteem for him.
(b) Distribute Rilke's books to the young poet's friends.
(c) Visit his mother.
(d) Write a letter to the young poet's school informing the school of Rilke's success.
4. From where is the first letter from Rilke to the young poet postmarked?
5. What does Rilke call himself in relation to the young poet at the end of the first letter?
(a) A sage.
(b) A master.
(c) A stranger.
(d) An expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides works by that writer, what other book does Rilke always have accessible to him?
2. How does Rilke advise the young poet to view sex?
3. From where does Rilke instruct the young poet to derive inspiration?
4. What has brought Rilke to the place from where he writes the second letter?
5. How old is the young poet when he begins corresponding with Rilke?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)