|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Rilke write the fourth letter?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Viareggio, near Pisa, Italy.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Worpswede, near Bremen, Germany.
2. In what year does Rilke write the third letter?
3. What does Rilke suggest that all humans share in, both women and men?
4. What aspect of human life does Rilke say is most burdened with conventions?
5. Who writes the poem Rilke encloses with his seventh letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner does Rilke say people should approach love?
2. What does Rilke call himself in relation to the young poet at the end of the first letter?
3. What has brought Rilke to the place from where he writes the second letter?
4. What city has Rilke departed from to come to the place where he composes the fourth letter?
5. What does Rilke say the young poet should do if he determines he should not be a poet?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)