Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does White encourage a college student to get in order to inspire her to write?
2. What is the main reason why White is still at the New Yorker in 1956?
3. Why is Katharine hospitalized in 1952?
4. How many years does White do newsbreaks for the New Yorker before retiring?
5. Why does White initially think his biography should be shorter?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze White's response to a letter by Cathy Durham about why he has not written another children's book. Include why he might have replied that way, the response of Cathy's librarian, and the solution that White's publisher develops for preventing any future issues.
Essay Topic 2
White answers a number of letters and questions from students about writing and education in general.
1) Describe White's explanation of the process for writing a book to a fourth-grade class in Columbus, Ohio.
2) Explain White's advice to a depressed college student as well as his advice to a confused senior, and his comments about his own writing identity.
3) Compare and contrast the advice that he gives to his granddaughter, Martha, with the responses that he sends to other college students.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the key points about White's experiences at Cornell University. Provide examples of his knowledge and practice of journalism, the associations he had while at college, and what those connections led to later in his life.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)