|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Katharine and E.B. White married?
(a) Forty eight years.
(b) Forty six years.
(c) Forty five years.
(d) Forty four years.
2. Why is Katharine hospitalized in 1952?
(a) An appendix infection.
(c) A liver infection.
(d) A fever.
3. Which newspaper does White write to in protest about their profile of New Yorker editor, William Shawn?
(a) New York Herald Tribune.
(b) New York Daily News.
(c) New York Sun Times.
(d) New York Times.
4. When does White write to his agent about his reservations of a Czech producer's plans for a movie about "Charlotte's Web"?
5. After a series of illnesses, how many months of the year does Katharine arrange to work for the New Yorker?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Twelve months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does White write a letter to his stepson, Roger, and his wife, Carol?
2. According to his letter, what stays in White's pond for several days?
3. Which city's orchestra does White adapt "The Trumpet of the Swan" for?
4. What production company eventually acquires the project of making the "Charlotte's Web" movie?
5. What does White write to his granddaughter about journalism?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)