|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a response to a student's letter, what does White say is the best way to learn about a writer?
(a) To read his words.
(b) To study his life.
(c) To talk to people he knows.
(d) To talk to him.
2. Who is Ursula Nordstrom?
(a) The owner of Harper & Brothers.
(b) The editor at Harper & Brothers.
(c) A former New Yorker coworker of White.
(d) A former Harper's coworker of White.
3. How long were Katharine and E.B. White married?
(a) Forty four years.
(b) Forty eight years.
(c) Forty five years.
(d) Forty six years.
4. Based on White's input to a book on the New Yorker, from which magazines was Ross trying to make the New Yorker different?
(b) Neither Life nor Harper's.
(c) Life and Harper's.
5. Which station does White politely decline an interview with in 1978?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the article that White's granddaughter, Martha, writes?
2. In a letter to his brother, Stanley, what does White fear the surgeons will find in his abdomen during an operation?
3. How does Cathy Durham's librarian respond to White's letter to Cathy?
4. When is the children's concert of "The Trumpet of the Swan" performed?
5. What town's fifth grade students receive a letter from White, answering their questions about "Charlotte's Web"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)