|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the drawings for "Charlotte's Web"?
(a) Corinne Malvern.
(b) Sharon Kane.
(c) Mel Crawford.
(d) Garth Williams.
2. How many proposals does White have to make a movie of "Charlotte's Web"?
(b) A few.
3. What does White caution Thurber about his story in the memo?
(a) Excluding an explanation of the key points of the story.
(b) Explaining what the book is and is not.
(c) Explaining why the book should be read.
(d) Excluding an explanation of how the story compares to others.
4. Who first sends White a copy of Strunk's textbook about English usage and style?
(b) A relative.
(c) A friend from Cornell.
(d) The editors of the book.
5. What is the annual limitation income that White agrees to for tax purposes?
(a) Eighty five hundred dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty thousand dollars.
(d) Seventy five hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many corrections does White send to Scott Elledge for the first part of his biography?
2. In a response to a student's letter, what does White say is the best way to learn about a writer?
3. How many minor surgeries does Katharine undergo between 1966 and 1970?
4. What is the title of Katharine's posthumous book?
5. When does Katharine pass away?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)