|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sound do the suggested songs for "Charlotte's Web" have in White's opinion?
2. Who does the drawings for "Charlotte's Web"?
(a) Garth Williams.
(b) Sharon Kane.
(c) Corinne Malvern.
(d) Mel Crawford.
3. Which piece of Charlotte's advice does White give to his publisher regarding the revisions on the illustrations for the book?
(a) Never hurry and never worry.
(b) Seven is a lucky number.
(c) Versatile means I can change with ease from one thing to another.
(d) Humble has two meanings. It means "not proud" and "close to the ground."
4. In a letter to Stanley, how often does White say he puts his head in traction?
(a) Ten minutes, several times a day.
(b) Five minutes, once a day.
(c) Five minutes, several times a week.
(d) Ten minutes, once a week.
5. Which station does White politely decline an interview with in 1978?
Short Answer Questions
1. In another office memo, for which James Thurber story does White offer his comments?
2. How much consideration does the animation studio give to White's suggestions?
3. Which city's orchestra does White adapt "The Trumpet of the Swan" for?
4. Why does White initially think his biography should be shorter?
5. What book does White negotiate the movie rights for between 1966 and 1970?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illnesses does Katharine battle between 1960 and 1965, and how does she adjust her work schedule?
2. What feedback and advice does White offer to James Thurber for the story,"The Thirteen Clocks"?
3. What changes does White experience after Katharine passes away?
4. In a December, 1951 letter, how does White respond to a depressed undergraduate student about her plans to become a writer?
5. How does White explain the process of writing a book to fourth-graders of Columbus, Ohio?
6. What ailments does White have in 1963, and how does he write about his recovery?
7. What does White reveal about his farm in his answer to the questions of Mrs. Bard's fifth-grade class in Larchmont, New York?
8. In another letter to Stanley, what does White say about his use of traction?
9. How does Hanna-Barbera acquire the rights to produce the animated motion picture version of "Charlotte's Web"?
10. What is the subject of the exchanged letters between White and President Richard Nixon in July, 1969?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)