|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of Charlotte's advice does White give to his publisher regarding the revisions on the illustrations for the book?
(a) Never hurry and never worry.
(b) Humble has two meanings. It means "not proud" and "close to the ground."
(c) Seven is a lucky number.
(d) Versatile means I can change with ease from one thing to another.
2. What trouble does White mention he has when writing, due to his impaired vision?
(d) Writing fast.
3. What newspaper does White write to in order to correct an editorial that attributes Thurber's fame to him?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Seattle Times.
(d) The New York Times.
4. In his letter to fifth grade students, how many sheep does White say that he has?
5. According to his humorous memo to Ross, at which symposium did White decline to speak?
(a) The Museum of Art and Design.
(b) The Museum of Automotive Design.
(c) The Antique Automobiles Show.
(d) The Museum of Modern Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dirksen amendment involve?
2. Who writes the score for the children's concert of "The Trumpet of the Swan".
3. Why does White initially think his biography should be shorter?
4. What is the main reason why White is still at the New Yorker in 1956?
5. In a letter to Howard Cushman, what request does White have about trumpeter swans?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)