|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which station does White politely decline an interview with in 1978?
2. According to his humorous memo to Ross, at which symposium did White decline to speak?
(a) The Museum of Art and Design.
(b) The Antique Automobiles Show.
(c) The Museum of Automotive Design.
(d) The Museum of Modern Art.
3. Which nuclear physicist does White exchange letters with about nuclear disarmament?
(a) William Bradford Shockley.
(b) Edward Teller.
(c) Donald Arthur Glaser.
(d) Charles Hard Townes.
4. What type of sound do the suggested songs for "Charlotte's Web" have in White's opinion?
5. In a letter to Stanley, how often does White say he puts his head in traction?
(a) Ten minutes, several times a day.
(b) Ten minutes, once a week.
(c) Five minutes, several times a week.
(d) Five minutes, once a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the drawings for "Charlotte's Web"?
2. How does Cathy Durham's librarian respond to White's letter to Cathy?
3. What production company eventually acquires the project of making the "Charlotte's Web" movie?
4. How many copies of "The Elements of Style" have been sold?
5. Which one of the following is not included in the advice White gives to fourth-graders in Columbus, Ohio about how to write a book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the elements included in the Philadelphia Orchestra's children's concert of "The Trumpet of the Swan" in 1972?
2. What does White reveal about his farm in his answer to the questions of Mrs. Bard's fifth-grade class in Larchmont, New York?
3. What ailments does White have in 1963, and how does he write about his recovery?
4. In another letter to Stanley, what does White say about his use of traction?
5. How does White contribute to his biography, and when and where does he pass away?
6. What is the subject of the exchanged letters between White and President Richard Nixon in July, 1969?
7. How does White revise his work to be included in the new edition of "The Elements of Style"?
8. How does White explain the process of writing a book to fourth-graders of Columbus, Ohio?
9. How does White's response to Cathy Durham generate controversy, and what solution does his publisher implement?
10. What is White's problem with taxi cab doors in his 1950 memo to Harold Ross?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)