Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Mount Vernon, 1908-1917
1. Why did White first begin writing during his childhood?
2. Where were White's parents from and what is their background?
3. What does White write about his brother, Stanley, and his sister, Lillian?
4. How does White describe kindergarten and high school?
Short Essay Question - Cornell and the Open Road: 1917-1925
5. How does White gain confidence as a writer while in college, and what acquaintances does he make there?
6. What happens during White's early New York Times interview?
This section contains 1,004 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)