|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Turtle Bay, 1950-1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does White buy for Katharine with the money from the published story, The Lady is Cold?
(a) A coat.
(b) A necklace.
2. What examples does White include in a memo as entrances that would infuriate people if they were the same height as a taxi cab door?
(a) Bars, subways, and garages.
(b) Bars, closets, and garages.
(c) Bars, subways, and closets.
(d) Subways, closets, and garages.
3. What reminder does White make about the agreement with communism?
(a) It is illegal.
(b) It should be illegal.
(c) It should be ignored.
(d) It is not illegal.
4. Where does White wait for Alice during a missed opportunity to see her?
(a) A river.
(b) A tree.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A bridge.
5. Where has White's brother, Stanley, moved to in order to work as a landscape architect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which John Steinbeck book was the result of an assignment for Holiday magazine that White could not complete?
2. Following the death of Katharine's father, where do the Whites vacation?
3. When does White marry Katharine Angell?
4. Where does White travel to after leaving Seattle in 1923?
5. When does White submit the manuscript for Stuart Little to his agent?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)