|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Turtle Bay, 1950-1951.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of White's books is co-authored by Katharine?
(a) "A Subtreasury of American Humor".
(b) "The Trumpet of the Swan".
(c) "The Elements of Style".
(d) "Charlotte's Web".
2. Following the death of Katharine's father, where do the Whites vacation?
3. How much are White and Cushman offered by the Buffalo Times for their daily column?
(a) Three dollars each.
(b) Two dollars each.
(c) Four dollars each.
(d) One dollar each.
4. Where does Katharine travel to in order to get her divorce before marrying White?
5. What poet does White parody in a December, 1918 letter to his mother?
(a) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Robert Frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event prompts White to write the director of the Bronx Zoo?
2. According to his humorous memo to Ross, at which symposium did White decline to speak?
3. In a letter to James Thurber, what injury does White sustain while falling onto an awning?
4. Writing under a nom de plume, what does White express concern over?
5. Which John Steinbeck book was the result of an assignment for Holiday magazine that White could not complete?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)