Mount Vernon, 1908-1917
1. Where were E.B. White's parents born?
(a) Brooklyn, NY.
(b) Mount Vernon, NY.
(c) Queens, NY.
(d) New York, NY.
2. In what musical instrument did White's father specialize?
3. What type of background did White's mother have?
4. What was White's grandfather well known for?
(a) Portrait painting.
5. How many children did White's parents have?
6. Who was White's favorite sibling?
7. How does White describe himself as a child?
(a) Fretful, but not nervous.
(b) Nervous, but not fretful.
(c) Nervous and fretful.
(d) Neither nervous nor fretful.
8. How many musical instruments did White learn to play?
9. After marrying a Wall Street broker, what example of alliteration did White's sister's name become?
(a) Marion Carion.
(b) Marion Harion.
(c) Lillian Illian.
(d) Lillian Gillian.
10. What state did White and his family travel to in August?
(a) New Jersey.
This section contains 4,498 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)