Mount Vernon, 1908-1917
* E.B. White provides an autobiography of his childhood that includes his introduction to writing at an early age.
* White's parents and siblings are described, as well as their influence in his life.
Cornell and the Open Road: 1917-1925
* White builds up his journalistic credentials at Cornell and makes some important friendships.
* After graduating from college, White and Howard Cushman embark on a cross country adventure.
The New Yorker—Early Days 1926-1928
* White discovers the New Yorker and begins writing poetry, newsbreaks, and other items for the unique magazine.
* Disappearing unexpectedly from the New Yorker, White informs Harold Ross of his vacation in a small shack in Maine.
The Most Beautiful Decision, 1929-1930
* After her initial reservations about their relationship, White and Katharine are married.
* Following a description of the wedding, White uses his cleverness and writing skill to show Katharine how important she...
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)