|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more years must Elinore wait to get a deed for her land?
2. Elinore is pleased that she will finally get her _____________________.
3. Who of the following was NOT invited to the dinner in #116?
4. Which of Elinore's sons died?
5. Elinore stated that her maiden name was ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Bishy Bennet and how did Elinore encounter him?
2. What did Elinore say about the time that the thresher crew came?
3. What did Elinore note about Jerrine's skills and for which profession she was probably suited?
4. Who was Manuel P.F. and Carlota Juanita and how did Elinore encounter them?
5. What was the status of Elinore's land claim in the fall of 1911?
6. Why had Elinore never said anything to Mrs. Coney about Clyde?
7. What good fortune did Gavotte have in the summer of 1912?
8. What part did Elinore play in Bishey and Emily's wedding?
9. How did the group know that the outlaws had been in the group's camp?
10. Describe the events surrounding Elinore's wedding to Clyde.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the early homes in early twentieth century frontier Wyoming, especially Elinore's. How were they usually constructed? How were they furnished? How were they an improvement upon more primitive shelters used by earlier settlers?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of breaking ground and planting crops. Which crops were experimented with by the homesteaders? Which crops became the staples for Wyoming homesteaders? Are those crops the primary crops for Wyoming yet today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the early churches in frontier Wyoming. How were they constructed. How were they furnished? What types of buildings served as churches before dedicated structures could be constructed?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)