|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pregnant girl in the cabin was from which state?
2. With whom does Elinore go on a morning ride?
3. Who was matron of honor at Miss Emily's wedding?
4. How did Elinore meet Mr. Stewart?
5. On what date is the letter for Chapter 13 written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elinore finally meet Mr. Stewart?
2. Who was the woman who Gavotte and the others found in the cabin and what was her situation?
3. What were the Leather-Stocking Tales and what did Gavotte plan around the stories?
4. What reason did Elinore give for marrying Clyde?
5. Who did Gavotte and the others come upon while on the hunting trip?
6. What part did Elinore play in Bishey and Emily's wedding?
7. Why did Elinore feel the need to go on a trip and where did she and Mrs. Louderer go?
8. What was the surprise encounter that Elinor and Mrs. O'Shaughnessy had with the Mormon bishop?
9. What was the status of Elinore's land claim in the fall of 1911?
10. What had been Gavotte's association with the Smithsonian Institution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of creating a new garment on the Wyoming frontier. What role did buffalo and other animal skins play in pioneer clothing? Who was primarily responsible for the family's clothing? What was the method of cleaning clothes? What practical and social aspects were inherent in a sewing bee?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of breaking ground and planting crops. Which crops were experimented with by the homesteaders? Which crops became the staples for Wyoming homesteaders? Are those crops the primary crops for Wyoming yet today?
Essay Topic 3
Cowboys and cattle drives have a lasting impression on American culture, yet the extensive drives, from state to state, were active for only about a 20-year period. What was the purpose of a cattle drive? How was a cattle drive structured? Who were the personnel included on a cattle drive? What were the advantages and disadvantages of cattle drives to the Wyoming homesteaders?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)