|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zebulon tells Elinore that he would just as soon talk to her as ____________________.
2. How many brothers and sisters did Elinore have?
3. What nationality was the woman in #61?
4. Why had the girl in #88 told Zebbie to run away from the area?
5. Why did Cora Belle's parents kick her out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elinore start the process of filing her claim for her land?
2. Who has the sheriff been searching for and what happened to that person?
3. What was in the August 15th, 1910 letter?
4. What does Elinore say that Jerrine will enjoy receiving from Mrs. Coney and also what does Jerrine use for a baby doll?
5. Who was Zebulon Pike Parker and how did Elinore meet him?
6. What arrangements were made so that Zebulon could return to his old home for a visit?
7. What was life like for Cora Belle living with her grandparents?
8. What did Elinore do after Mr. Stewart did not allow her to go on a foraging expedition?
9. What was the tragedy of Cora Belle's mother and father?
10. Why did Elinore and Jerrine have to cut their camp out short?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the process of breaking ground and planting crops. Which crops were experimented with by the homesteaders? Which crops became the staples for Wyoming homesteaders? Are those crops the primary crops for Wyoming yet today?
Essay Topic 2
Explain law and order on the Wyoming frontier. What were some of the typical crimes committed? What was considered to be the worst offense on the prairie? What was the usual punishment for this offense? How were prisoners detained in such primitive environments?
Essay Topic 3
Name at least three environmental catastrophes that plagued the Wyoming homesteaders. Then cite the reasons why each catastrophe was so devastating to the pioneers. If there were any preventative measures employed by the pioneers, state those also in your answer.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)