|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elinore states that women could avoid poverty if they had the _________________ to homestead.
2. Who had come to stay at Elinore's?
(a) The vaccinators.
(b) The thresher crew.
(c) The Edmonsons.
(d) The traveling minister and his wife.
3. What was the name of the pregnant girl in the cabin?
4. How long had Elinore been in Wyoming when she got married?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six months.
5. Elinore and her husband got married quickly due to the necessity of living together and ________________________.
(a) the schedule of the traveling minister.
(b) their religious beliefs.
(c) the brief period of time between planting seasons.
(d) Jerrine's need for a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Elinore go on a morning ride?
2. What did Elinore and the other women stay up all night to make for the children in the cabin?
3. Elinore has been feeling _______________ at home with the new baby.
4. What did the dinner guests find depressing on the way to the dinner?
5. What book does Jerrine especially like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Aurelia Timmons and how did Elinore meet her?
2. Describe how Gavotte and the women made a wonderful, surprising Christmas for Molly and her children.
3. Why had Elinore never said anything to Mrs. Coney about Clyde?
4. Who was the woman who Gavotte and the others found in the cabin and what was her situation?
5. What did Elinore's friends do around Christmas knowing that she was alone for the holiday?
6. Who was Bishy Bennet and how did Elinore encounter him?
7. Who did Gavotte and the others come upon while on the hunting trip?
8. What was the status of Elinore's land claim in the fall of 1911?
9. Who encouraged Elinore to consider homesteading as a way of life?
10. What did Elinore note about Jerrine's skills and for which profession she was probably suited?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)