|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Pattersons were soon to leave for which state?
2. Why did Elinore not write any letters during the Summer?
(a) Jerrine ran away from home.
(b) She was having trouble with Clyde.
(c) She was too busy with the ranch.
(d) She did not feel well.
3. Miss Emily's wedding was held in the home of ____________________.
(a) the Platts.
(b) the Fergusons.
(c) the Morgans.
(d) the Stewarts.
4. Who of the following was NOT invited to the dinner in #116?
(a) Mrs. Louderer.
(b) Mrs. O'Shaughnessy.
(c) Mrs. Edmonson.
5. What nationality was Gavotte?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away was the ranch in #122 from Stewart's ranch?
2. Who was Elinore's remaining son?
3. Mr. Stewart hired Elinore as a __________________.
4. Who bickered with the cook to get food for the group?
5. Why had Elinore never mentioned her husband to Mrs. Coney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Elinore's perspective on homesteading for women and why did she think it was a good solution for them?
2. What was the status of Elinore's land claim in the fall of 1911?
3. Who was the woman who Gavotte and the others found in the cabin and what was her situation?
4. What had been Gavotte's association with the Smithsonian Institution?
5. What is the charming content of a letter written to Mrs. Coney by Jerrine?
6. What good fortune did Gavotte have in the summer of 1912?
7. Why had Elinore never said anything to Mrs. Coney about Clyde?
8. What was the surprise encounter that Elinor and Mrs. O'Shaughnessy had with the Mormon bishop?
9. What did Elinore note about Jerrine's skills and for which profession she was probably suited?
10. Who encouraged Elinore to consider homesteading as a way of life?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)