|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gavotte made Christmas presents out of what material?
2. Which of Elinore's sons died?
3. Who was the cook's horse?
4. The pregnant girl in the cabin was from which state?
(d) New Jersey.
5. Elinore thinks that Jerrine is suited for a career in ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elinore is pleased that she will finally get her _____________________.
2. How far away was the ranch in #122 from Stewart's ranch?
3. Where was Clyde visiting his mother?
4. Clyde discovered that thieves stole 35 _________________ from a ranch in the area.
5. What did the dinner guests find depressing on the way to the dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Elinore never said anything to Mrs. Coney about Clyde?
2. What was the surprise encounter that Elinor and Mrs. O'Shaughnessy had with the Mormon bishop?
3. Who did Gavotte and the others come upon while on the hunting trip?
4. Who was Aurelia Timmons and how did Elinore meet her?
5. What were the Leather-Stocking Tales and what did Gavotte plan around the stories?
6. Who was Bishy Bennet and how did Elinore encounter him?
7. What did Elinore tell Mrs. Coney about her son, Jamie, and her life in general?
8. What did Elinore report about horse thieves in the area?
9. What did Elinore's friends do around Christmas knowing that she was alone for the holiday?
10. What was the status of Elinore's land claim in the fall of 1911?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)