|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elinore send to Zebulon's sister?
(c) A letter.
(d) A rifle.
2. Who did the Gorleys think killed George Gorley?
3. On the third day of their trip, Elinore and Jerrine wake to find ___________________________.
(a) their food is gone.
(b) the horses are gone.
(c) a snowstorm coming.
(d) wolves circling them.
4. In what state is the settlement in #4 located?
(c) New Mexico.
5. Elinore's first letter tells of her arrival at ______________.
(b) Burnt Fork.
(d) Lake Tahoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elinore reports that if a Yankee had spoken to her like Zebulon had, she would have ___________________.
2. Who had been living in Zebulon's old home?
3. Who was the widow that Elinore spent some time with on Christmas Eve?
4. What nationality was the woman in #61?
5. What did Elinore and Mr. Stewart do when the vaccinators came?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Zebulon's visit back home to Arkansas a nice one even though he learned that Pauline was dead?
2. What happened in Elinore's life that introduced her to hard work earlier than normal?
3. What was in the August 15th, 1910 letter?
4. What does Elinore say that Jerrine will enjoy receiving from Mrs. Coney and also what does Jerrine use for a baby doll?
5. What piece of information did Elinore neglect to tell Mrs. Coney about a major change in Elinore's life?
6. Who was Mrs. Louderer and how did Elinore meet her?
7. What was life like for Cora Belle living with her grandparents?
8. Who was Elinore's new employer and how does she describe her new living situation?
9. What was the purpose of the sewing bee that Elinore organized for Cora Belle's family?
10. Describe Gale's wedding to Mr. Patterson.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)