|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cora Belle's mother not marry her father?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He ran away.
(c) Her parents wouldn't allow it.
(d) She did not love him.
2. Why did Mr. Stewart forbid Elinore from seeing the woman in #61 on Christmas Day?
(a) She lived in Indian territory.
(b) She lived in sheep country.
(c) She insulted Mr. Stewart.
(d) A snowstorm was coming.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Sedalia?
(a) She is thin.
(b) She is vain.
(c) She is honest.
(d) She is pretty.
4. Elinore's first letter tells of her arrival at ______________.
(a) Burnt Fork.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
5. What holiday does Elinore talk about in Chapter 8?
(c) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elinore's daughter?
2. What food did Zebulon, Elinore and Jerrine share?
3. How old was Elinore when her parents died?
4. Zebbie Parker's family had been involved in a feud with which family?
5. Zebbie tells Elinore that he is happy knowing that _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elinore do after Mr. Stewart did not allow her to go on a foraging expedition?
2. What was in the August 15th, 1910 letter?
3. Who were Mr. and Mrs. Lane and her daughters and why did they visit Elinore?
4. Why did Elinore and Jerrine have to cut their camp out short?
5. Who was Elinore's new employer and how does she describe her new living situation?
6. What stirs up Zebulon's interest in going back to his old home?
7. What reason does Elinore give for always being nice to the people she sees in the area?
8. What arrangements were made so that Zebulon could return to his old home for a visit?
9. Describe Gale's wedding to Mr. Patterson.
10. What was the tragedy of Cora Belle's mother and father?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)