|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday was Regalia's marriage set?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Easter Day.
2. What did Elinore make for Ms. Lane?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A church dress.
(c) A school dress.
(d) A funeral dress.
3. Why did the parents of the girl in #88 shoot Zebbie?
(a) He stole some cattle.
(b) He stole their seed corn.
(c) He was disrespectful.
(d) He wanted to marry her.
4. How many pints of jelly and jam did Elinore preserve in her first summer out West?
5. Cora Belle's grandparents both have ______________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Zebbie show Elinore which was acquired during his travels?
2. Who was the runaway boy?
3. Cora Belle was the granddaughter of _____________________.
4. From what town did Ms. Lane and her daughters come?
5. To whom is Elinore's first letter directed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elinore do after Mr. Stewart did not allow her to go on a foraging expedition?
2. What arrangements were made so that Zebulon could return to his old home for a visit?
3. Explain the sad story of Zebulon and his lost love, Pauline Gorley.
4. Who was Mrs. O'Shaughnessy and how did Elinore meet her?
5. What offensive comment did Zebulon say to Elinore and how does she react to it?
6. What was the purpose of the sewing bee that Elinore organized for Cora Belle's family?
7. Who was Mrs. Louderer and how did Elinore meet her?
8. Why did Elinore and Jerrine have to cut their camp out short?
9. What piece of information did Elinore neglect to tell Mrs. Coney about a major change in Elinore's life?
10. What did Elinore name her and Clyde's new son and for whom was the child named?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)