|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elinore has been feeling _______________ at home with the new baby.
2. Elinore and Mrs. O'Shaughnessy stay in the home of the bishop's ______________ wife.
3. Elinore and her husband got married quickly due to the necessity of living together and ________________________.
(a) the brief period of time between planting seasons.
(b) the schedule of the traveling minister.
(c) their religious beliefs.
(d) Jerrine's need for a father.
4. Elinore states that women could avoid poverty if they had the _________________ to homestead.
5. Who of the following was NOT invited to the dinner in #116?
(a) Mrs. O'Shaughnessy.
(b) Mrs. Louderer.
(d) Mrs. Edmonson.
6. Elinore was very glad that Clyde was not ____________________.
(a) a Methodist.
(b) a Catholic.
(c) a Mormon.
(d) a Jew.
7. How did the others realize that the outlaws were in the camp?
(a) One man had blood on his shirt but no wound.
(b) They would not speak to anyone else.
(c) They stayed to themselves the entire time.
(d) One man stayed awake all night to stand guard.
8. Which of the following did the dinner guests NOT eat at the dinner?
(a) Bread pudding.
9. Who was the man dressed up and waiting to marry Miss Emily?
(a) Bishey Bennet.
(b) Will Banta.
(c) Pete Ferguson.
(d) Jonas Williams.
10. Mrs. O'Shaughnessy invited Elinore to go on a trip to meet ____________________.
(a) a Mormon Bishop.
(b) her ex-husband.
(c) the President.
(d) the Governor.
11. What nationality was Gavotte?
12. Where did Zebbie go back to?
(a) Yell Country.
(b) Arapahoe Mountain.
(c) Sioux Territory.
(d) Eagle Country.
13. Who had come to take Zebbie away?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The traveling minister.
(c) An army colonel.
(d) His family.
14. For whom did Elinore work as a housekeeper?
(a) Rev. Stryker.
(b) Rev. Corrigan.
(c) Rev. Miller.
(d) Rev. Flaugher.
15. It was decided that the wounded outlaw was probably in ______________ by the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the friend of Mrs. O'Shaughnessy's with the team of horses?
2. With which new neighbor did Elinore and Mrs. O'Shaughnessy travel?
3. Elinore thinks that Jerrine is suited for a career in ____________________.
4. With whom does Elinore go on a morning ride?
5. The letter in Chapter 14 was written on ___________________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)