|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elinore notes that homesteading doesn't require as much ________________ as many think.
2. What is the real reason Elinore married her husband?
(a) He was her soul mate.
(b) He could play the violin.
(c) He promised to help her meet her land difficulties.
(d) He sent away for a mail order bride.
3. Who was the cook's horse?
4. What nationality was Gavotte?
5. Who was the bishop's first wife?
6. Gavotte once collected _______________ for the Smithsonian Institution.
7. Elinore and Mrs. O'Shaughnessy stay in the home of the bishop's ______________ wife.
8. Elinore states that women could avoid poverty if they had the _________________ to homestead.
9. Elinore thinks that Jerrine is suited for a career in ____________________.
10. Clyde and his son went to ________________ for the winter.
(b) Salt Lake City.
11. How long had Elinore been in Wyoming when she got married?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six days.
12. Who was matron of honor at Miss Emily's wedding?
13. With whom does Elinore go on a morning ride?
(a) Mrs. Patterson.
(c) Mrs. Edmonson.
(d) Mrs. Louderer.
14. How did the others realize that the outlaws were in the camp?
(a) They stayed to themselves the entire time.
(b) One man stayed awake all night to stand guard.
(c) One man had blood on his shirt but no wound.
(d) They would not speak to anyone else.
15. What did Gavotte collect while in charge of Zebbie's ranch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Stewart hired Elinore as a __________________.
2. What did the deer hunting party discover on the mountain?
3. Where had Elinore hoped to travel one day?
4. Who was the Justice of the Peace who married Elinore and Clyde?
5. Who was the man dressed up and waiting to marry Miss Emily?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)