|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elinore notes that homesteading doesn't require as much ________________ as many think.
2. Clyde and his son went to ________________ for the winter.
(d) Salt Lake City.
3. The Pattersons were soon to leave for which state?
4. How far away was the ranch in #122 from Stewart's ranch?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) 75 miles.
5. Who was the friend of Mrs. O'Shaughnessy's with the team of horses?
(a) Paul Welch.
(b) John Shannon.
(c) Peter O'Brien.
(d) Cormac O'Toole.
6. It was decided that the wounded outlaw was probably in ______________ by the morning.
7. At her wedding, Elinore forgot to take off her apron and ____________________.
(b) old shoes.
8. Clyde discovered that thieves stole 35 _________________ from a ranch in the area.
9. Why was Elinore delayed in sending her letter in Chapter 20?
(a) She was too sick to write.
(b) She was on a winter deer hunt.
(c) She was visiting a new mother in town.
(d) She had to care for her ill husband.
10. What did the girl in #151 name her new baby?
11. How many sons did Elinore have?
12. How many years had passed since Miss Emily and the man in #170 decided to get married?
13. Elinore is entitled to how many more acres?
14. Who was Elinore's remaining son?
15. Jerrine states that ________________ cried so much he upset the angels so God gave him to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the fat cook at the cattle herd camp?
2. The letter in Chapter 15 was written during the month of ____________________ in 1912.
3. How long had Elinore been in Wyoming when she got married?
4. For whom did Elinore work as a housekeeper?
5. Who is Elinore's husband?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)