|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the bishop's first wife?
2. The letter in Chapter 19 talks about Elinore's happy Christmas and ___________________.
(a) deer hunt.
(b) trip to California.
(c) quilting bee.
(d) New Year's.
3. What nationality was Gavotte?
4. Who was matron of honor at Miss Emily's wedding?
5. How many sons did Elinore have?
6. Elinore thinks that Jerrine is suited for a career in ____________________.
7. Who was the Justice of the Peace who married Elinore and Clyde?
(a) Mr. Whittier.
(b) Mr. Reginald.
(c) Mr. Pearson.
(d) Mr. Bryson.
8. Who was the fat cook at the cattle herd camp?
9. For whom did Elinore work as a housekeeper?
(a) Rev. Stryker.
(b) Rev. Miller.
(c) Rev. Corrigan.
(d) Rev. Flaugher.
10. Who was the father of the baby in #152?
(a) Philip Morton.
(b) Charles Epson.
(c) Nick Evans.
(d) Will Crosby.
11. The letter in Chapter 15 was written during the month of ____________________ in 1912.
12. With which of the following does Elinore NOT spend Christmas this year?
(b) Mrs. O'Shaughnessy.
(c) Mrs. Louderer.
13. Which of Elinore's sons died?
14. The letter in Chapter 14 was written on ___________________.
(a) December 1, 1809.
(b) December 1, 1911.
(c) December 1, 1953.
(d) December 1, 1945.
15. Why had Elinore never mentioned her husband to Mrs. Coney?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is unsure how Mrs. Coney will react to her remarriage.
(c) She is not sure it will last.
(d) They got married so quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. The letter in Chapter 15 addresses events related to a _____________________.
2. How long had Elinore been in Wyoming when she got married?
3. Gavotte made Christmas presents out of what material?
4. The letter in Chapter 17 is dated __________________.
5. Where have Elinore's husband and the men taken the thresher?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)