|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sedalia was named for a town in which state?
2. How many days did Elinore spend on a stage coach during her trip?
3. Cora Belle's grandparents both have ______________________.
4. Who married Regalia and Mr. Patterson?
(a) Mr. Stewart.
(b) The traveling minister.
(c) The Catholic priest.
(d) The justice of the peace.
5. Elinore states that all action but that which ________________________ is pointless.
(a) reunites us with God.
(b) helps someone.
(c) is artistic.
(d) makes a profit.
6. Why did Mr. Stewart forbid Elinore from seeing the woman in #61 on Christmas Day?
(a) She insulted Mr. Stewart.
(b) She lived in Indian territory.
(c) A snowstorm was coming.
(d) She lived in sheep country.
7. Who had been living in Zebulon's old home?
8. The Edmonsons always wasted their money on ______________________.
(a) bogus cures for rheumatism.
(b) the church.
9. What does Elinore's daughter use for a baby doll?
(a) A flower.
(b) A piece of cloth.
(c) A block of wood.
(d) A stone.
10. What is the date of the letter announcing Elinore's arrival at the location in #4?
(a) March 25, 1922.
(b) April 18, 1909.
(c) September 15, 1865.
(d) June 25, 1777.
11. Who is Elinore's neighbor at her new land?
(a) The Johnsons.
(b) Mr. Hall.
(c) Mr. Kerrigan.
(d) Mr. Stewart.
12. In what state is the site in #9 located?
13. How long did Elinore and Jerrine stay with Zebulon?
(a) For three weeks.
(b) Until breakfast the next day.
(c) For a couple of days.
(d) For six months.
14. How does Zebulon feel when Elinore and Jerrine leave?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is relieved.
15. What did Zebbie buy for the girl in #88 when he returned to Arkansas?
(a) A horse.
(b) A ring.
(c) A grave stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the settlement in #4 located?
2. Elinore reports that if a Yankee had spoken to her like Zebulon had, she would have ___________________.
3. At her new situation, Elinore has a new shotgun which she uses to kill __________________.
4. Why did Cora Belle's parents kick her out of the house?
5. Cora Belle was the granddaughter of _____________________.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)