|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elinore's big news in the letter dated May 24, 1909?
(a) She became a land owner.
(b) She was injured.
(c) She moved back East.
(d) She got married.
2. What food did Zebulon, Elinore and Jerrine share?
3. How does Zebulon feel when Elinore and Jerrine leave?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is happy.
4. How far away did the Patterson live from Elinore?
(a) 70 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
5. Cora Belle's grandparents both have ______________________.
6. How old was Elinore when her parents died?
7. When did Zebbie see the girl in #88 again?
(a) In ten years.
(b) In six months.
(c) In five years.
(d) He never saw her again.
8. The letter in Chapter 9 was written on what day?
(a) April 5, 1942.
(b) April 5, 1922.
(c) April 5, 1910.
(d) April 5, 1899.
9. Who tends the sheep on the Edmonson farm?
(a) Cora Belle.
(b) Mr. Edmonson.
(c) Mr. Stewart.
10. How many brothers and sisters did Elinore have?
11. Zebbie tells Elinore that he is happy knowing that _______________________.
(a) He is wealthy now.
(b) Pauline was his.
(c) He got married.
(d) He has a new ranch.
12. Why did Cora Belle's mother not marry her father?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He ran away.
(c) Her parents wouldn't allow it.
(d) She did not love him.
13. Elinore's house was adjacent to _______________________.
(a) The town.
(b) Mr. Stewart's house.
(c) Zebulon's ranch.
(d) The rectory.
14. Who was the girl who Zebbie was in love with?
15. What did Elinore organize to benefit the Edmonsons?
(a) A sewing bee.
(b) An auction.
(c) A quilt sale.
(d) A bake sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Elinore once do for the person in #7?
2. Who were Ms. Lane's daughters?
3. Who married Regalia and Mr. Patterson?
4. When Zebulon came to Elinore's farm, he was excited and ___________________.
5. What did Sedalia's fiance tell Elinore about Sedalia?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)