|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIX-XXII, The Adventure of the Christmas Tree, The Joys of Homesteading, A Letter of Jerrine's, The Efficient Mrs. O'Shaughnessy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elinore not have a new wedding dress?
(a) There was nowhere to buy one.
(b) There was no money to buy one.
(c) The dress did not arrive in time.
(d) There was no time to make one.
2. Who did the Gorleys think killed George Gorley?
3. With which of the following does Elinore NOT spend Christmas this year?
(a) Mrs. O'Shaughnessy.
(d) Mrs. Louderer.
4. Elinore reports that if a Yankee had spoken to her like Zebulon had, she would have ___________________.
(a) shot him.
(b) demanded an apology.
(c) reported him.
(d) turned him in.
5. What happened to the runaway boy?
(a) He was eaten by wolves.
(b) He made it to San Francisco.
(c) He returned home.
(d) He joined the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Louderer stayed with Elinore until _______________________.
2. How many more years must Elinore wait to get a deed for her land?
3. Who is Elinore's new employer?
4. What was Elinore's perception of the man in #12?
5. Why had Elinore never mentioned her husband to Mrs. Coney?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)