|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVI-XVIII, The Horse-Thieves, At Gavotte's Camp, The Homesteader's Marriage and a Little Funeral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The letter in Chapter 17 is dated __________________.
(a) November 16, 1933.
(b) November 16, 1912.
(c) November 16, 1899.
(d) November 16, 1954.
2. How long did Elinore and Jerrine stay with Zebulon?
(a) For a couple of days.
(b) Until breakfast the next day.
(c) For three weeks.
(d) For six months.
3. Which person in Elinore's family died during this time?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister.
4. Zebbie Parker's family had been involved in a feud with which family?
5. Who was Cora Belle's mother?
(a) Sally Mae.
(b) Sara Louise.
(c) Cora Jane.
(d) Regina Sue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zebulon tells Elinore that he would just as soon talk to her as ____________________.
2. Who was the old, homeless Frenchman who watched over Zebulon's place?
3. What does Elinore make fun of regarding the man in #14?
4. Elinore thinks that Jerrine is suited for a career in ____________________.
5. How long had the people in #98 stayed?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)