|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVI-XVIII, The Horse-Thieves, At Gavotte's Camp, The Homesteader's Marriage and a Little Funeral.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elinore take Jerrine when the men go on a round-up?
(a) An ice cream social.
(c) A camp out.
2. What news does Elinore give to Mrs. Coney?
(a) She is moving back East.
(b) Jerrine is getting married.
(c) She is divorcing Mr. Stewart.
(d) She had a miscarriage.
3. It was decided that the wounded outlaw was probably in ______________ by the morning.
4. Why had Elinore never mentioned her husband to Mrs. Coney?
(a) They got married so quickly.
(b) She is unsure how Mrs. Coney will react to her remarriage.
(c) She is not sure it will last.
(d) She is embarrassed.
5. How many sons did Elinore have?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town did Ms. Lane and her daughters come?
2. Who was the cook's horse?
3. Elinore is awestruck by __________________________.
4. Elinore states that all action but that which ________________________ is pointless.
5. From what part of the country did Zebulon Pike Parker come?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)