Chapters I-III: The Arrival at Burnt Fork, Filing a Claim, A Busy, Happy Summer
1. LETTERS OF A WOMAN HOMESTEADER is a series of _________________.
(c) newspaper articles.
(d) diary entries.
2. What is Elinore's last name?
3. In what part of America did Elinore homestead?
(c) New England.
4. Elinore's first letter tells of her arrival at ______________.
(a) Burnt Fork.
(b) Lake Tahoe.
5. In what state is the settlement in #4 located?
(b) New Mexico.
6. What is the date of the letter announcing Elinore's arrival at the location in #4?
(a) April 18, 1909.
(b) March 25, 1922.
(c) June 25, 1777.
(d) September 15, 1865.
7. To whom is Elinore's first letter directed?
(a) Mrs. Callaway.
(b) Miss Calabash.
(c) Mrs. Coney.
(d) Mrs. Cronin.
8. What job did Elinore once do for the person in #7?
9. In Elinore's first letter, she writes that she is close to ____________________.
(a) the Colorado River.
(b) the Grand Canyon.
(c) the Forest Reserve.
(d) Yellowstone National Park.
10. In what state is the site in #9 located?
This section contains 3,111 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)