|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rifka may have to wear a peruke because __________________________.
(a) her hair has not grown back.
(b) she is always cold.
(c) there is a rash on her arms.
(d) she has trouble walking.
2. What does Rifka celebrate by herself in her room?
(a) A Sweet Sixteen party.
(b) A graduation ceremony.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A mitzvah.
3. What is the Statue of Liberty holding up?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A child.
(d) A book.
4. What language does the HIAS lady in Antwerp tutor Rifka in?
5. Who is the couple who has taken Rifka into their home in Belgium?
(a) Gaston and Marie.
(b) Maurice and Gabrielle.
(c) Gerard and Marie.
(d) Phillippe and Cecile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the girl who Rifka plays with in the park across the street from the house?
2. Which of the following is NOT a food Rifka discovers in Antwerp?
3. What does the person in #73 teach Rifka regarding hygiene?
4. Mama had had to take the gift in #67 and trade it for __________________.
5. What is remarkable about Rifka's appearance as as result of her illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rifka save up for to have specially made for herself?
2. What does Rifka's brief friendship with Pieter mean, and how is she able to move on past his death?
3. What excites Rifka about news in a letter from her parents?
4. How does Rifka feel after the storm in which Pieter died?
5. Who rescues Rifka when she gets lost while out exploring Antwerp?
6. Who administers Rifka's treatments in Antwerp and what else does this person teach Rifka?
7. Where does Rifka stay when she goes to Belgium?
8. What can Rifka see from her bedroom window in Antwerp?
9. How does Rifka learn to find family connections even though she is alone in Antwerp?
10. What sailing arrangements are made for Rifka to go to America when she is cured?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)