|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rifka's hometown?
2. Who is the only member of Rifka's family who does not get sick?
3. To whom is Rifka writing when the novel begins?
4. What disease does Rifka have?
(a) Lyme Disease.
5. Where are Rifka's family members taken when they get ill?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A clinic.
(c) A medical tent.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rifka do for a girl on the train to Warsaw?
2. What is the ultimate destination of Rifka and her family?
3. What job does Saul get while waiting on his family to get well?
4. Who eats the food that Rifka had saved for Saul?
5. How does Rifka feel about her brother, Saul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Rifka and her family, and why they had to leave Russia?
2. What is Saul's advice for preventing the innkeeper's daughter from eating her food in the future?
3. What kind deed does Rifka do for a girl on the train to Warsaw which will have negative repercussions for her?
4. What is Uncle Avrum's role in helping Rifka's family escape on the train?
5. How does Rifka try to repay Saul for the food he earns for them?
6. Why is Rifka acting as a distraction on the train?
7. What humiliating things are forced upon Rifka and her family by the guards and a doctor at the Polish border?
8. Describe Rifka's personality traits and which is probably her strongest trait?
9. What lie does Rifka tell to the guards on the train in order to quell their suspicions?
10. How does Rifka spend her time at the hospital when she goes to see her family?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)